|08|

- Dior -

"I didn't do the assignment Lucifer! What if I get in trouble?! I can't! I've only been here for a day, I can't get kicked out this soon! What if they tell papa?! O-Oh no, papa is g-gonna be so disappointed in me-"

"Stop."

He interrupted my ongoing ramble as we stood by his car. I refused to go inside, in fear of getting in trouble with my professor for not completing the assignment he set for us yesterday. I've only just had a taster of what university will be like, and that is enough for me to realise that I want to stay here for as long as possible. It can't be taken away from me this quickly. 

"But-"

"No."

His index finger rested on my slightly chapped lips, a dominant gesture.  

I went silent. 

I looked down at his finger, then went back to him. 

"You have nice fingers."

No no no no no

You're so dumb, Delilah

Who says that?

That's not even a compliment!

Is it?

I mean, his fingers are nice. They have little numbers and signs tattooed on them. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he quit his job now. 

He looked down at me, as if he was holding in a chuckle. 

Hey, at least it made him almost laugh!

He removed his finger and spared me one last glance before looking away from me. 

"Your assignment is due next week, weren't you paying attention?"

"I-I was! I promise, I just got the dates wrong, t-that's all!" I justified quickly, not wanting to look like I'm slacking or taking advantage of my opportunity. 

He cleared his throat then motioned for me to follow him inside.

"Wait! Can I-I hold your hand again please?" I pleaded, giving him the puppy dog eyes. 

He rolled his eyes, irritated, and reluctantly held his hand out for me. I smiled gratefully at him and took his hand, happily making my way in the building, knowing that I'm safe. 

My grip on his hand was loose, but every time my hand began to slip away, he would hold it even tighter, ensuring that our hands don't disconnect. At one point, he was absentmindedly rubbing the back of my hand smoothly with his thumb, which made me blush a deep red. 

Maybe he likes holding hands? 

He clearly didn't realise what he was doing as when I brought it up, he stopped instantly, letting go of my hand as a regretful expression rose upon his face. 

I now wish I didn't bring it up, because my hand feels empty without his big one enveloping it. 

Stupid Delilah, always making other people uncomfortable

"Hey? Is this seat taken?" an unknown girl asked me, a little louder than she should have since she now has everyone's attention. 

"...oops," she whispered. 

I giggled and shook my head. 

"Nope! You c-can sit here if you'd like," I whispered back and she nodded, giving me a small smile.