~27~

As I open the door to go back inside the store my vision blurs, and I blink, trying to clear it up so that I could see properly. It gets worse, and I begin rubbing my eyes. It doesn't help at all, it only makes it worse.

The air starts getting thick and I feel as if I were choking. I bend down and try to catch my breath, my vision blurred to the point I could only see lights and color. I squeeze my eyes shut, gasping for air.

And then there was darkness.

I was finally able to breathe again.

I open my eyes and look up, seeing that I stood in some sort of cave, dense spiderwebs and some sort of glowing orange substance trickling down along the walls and dripping from the ceiling. The faint glow was just barely enough for me to see the walls and ground.

I turn and look behind me to see a stone wall.

Dead end. The only way for me to go was forward.

With a sigh, I turn back around and began the trek forward, wondering what was in store for me next.

As I walk, I think about the flashback I was thrown into. Susie's memories.

I hum, wondering why she stayed with them for so long if she didn't enjoy going along with the things they did.

"For Julie?... they were dating before... Frank clearly liked Julie, and it seems like Julie liked him back in a way."

I grit my teeth at the thought, remembering how she cried when Susie left her in that alleyway.

"The audacity."

I let out something between a laugh and a sigh of disbelief, shaking my head. I look at the spider webs, the orange glow reflecting through them. Looking closer I see small orange and black spiders, backing away from the webs I keep walking.

The more I walk, the more the tunnel seemed to widen. I feel some sort of cool breeze on my skin, and I walk faster. I hear what sounds like the trickle of a stream and wonder if i'm almost out of here.

The path widens even more, and I'm eventually standing in a giant, spacious cavern. I look up to see a small opening in the ceiling above, the full moon able to be seen through the hole, granting me some light.

"Judging from the distance I must be pretty deep underground."

I sigh and look around, seeing a small stream, the stone path smoothly carved out probably from years of erosion. I crouch down and dip my fingers into it, expecting to feel cool water, but instead it's warm. I frown and pull my hand away, looking at my fingers.

They were covered in a thick red liquid, the strong metallic scent hitting me. I stumble backwards and frantically wipe my hands off on my shirt.

I look around, and my eyes eventually settle on the darkest part of the cave. As I stare into the shadows, two bright orange orbs suddenly appear out of nowhere, floating high up in the air.

I blink, curious as to what they were.

I move closer, stepping over the stream and pausing once they seem to move closer as well.

The moment I hear a low, distorted laugh I freeze, my breath catching in my throat.

The orbs move closer and my gaze stay locked onto them, my body trembling as a large figure steps into the stream of moonlight.

"You've kept me waiting"

{A/N:}
Hello hello, sorry for the short chapter i know it's been awhile! i've been working on touching up/editing previous chapters. i wanted to get something out for you guys so i hope it's not too bad :"))