| xiv: panic |

"Everything you can imagine is real

"Everything you can imagine is real." ― Pablo Picasso

" ― Pablo Picasso

Jaipur, India

Both of them couldn't decipher what had happened in a matter of a few minutes. They were away for barely fifteen minutes, and when they came out, they saw everything in ruins. Akanksha was trembling when she saw the body missing from the autopsy room. Every piece of equipment in there was destroyed. For the first time, the soundproof room became a great disadvantage for them.

Vihaan immediately rushed back into the room where she was standing. Fire alarms were ringing. "Akanksha," he took hold of her hand, tugging her along with him, "we need to get out of here. A fire has broken out in the office. I strongly feel that it was the intruder who set this entire floor on fire."

Akanksha came to her senses when she heard his words and immediately followed him behind.

As they came out of the room, the fire had already spread along the walls. The desks, papers, and every single thing on that floor were burning in those raging flames.

"We will go through the safety door. I have already dialled the fire brigade. It will be arriving any time now. But we need to get out of here." Vihaan ushered her.

But Akanksha couldn't move. She was frozen.

All the past memories started accelerating in her head. She felt like she was living in the past. Everything was burning around her, except now, it wasn't a human. She wanted her thoughts to slow so that she could breathe, but they didn't. Her breaths came in gasps, and she felt like she would blackout soon. Her heart was hammering inside her chest wildly. She could feel the room spinning around her, and she squatted on the floor, trying to make everything slow down so that her body and mind could cope up with it.

Vihaan immediately rushed towards her and grabbed hold of her shoulders before she could fall entirely. He knelt as she fell back and held her close to his chest. He patted her cheeks, trying to bring her to her senses. "Akanksha, get up! We need to leave. Speak something!" His voice boomed through the floor, but that didn't bring her out from the illusion.