XI. Licentious

♡ ♡ ♡You and me, you and me, you and me, love, love♡ ♡ ♡

You and me, you and me, you and me, love, love

Record— July 2018, Nishi-Tokyo City. Eishuu reform school, above the field. A potentially high-grade, vengeful ghost <name undecided>.

Several non-shamans were confirmed to have sighted the cursed womb.

Due to the urgency of the situation, the four first year students from the Jujutsu college were dispatched.

Within that group... one is dead.

"Our window confirmed the cursed womb's existence about three hours ago."

The developing fetus in the sky seemed to mock them with its easily puntible looking physique and starkly contrasting amounts of curse energy.

"When the evacuation guide was at 90%, we closed the facility after evacuating the scene."

Something about this scenario irked Hanzō. Maybe it was the way the story didn't fully flush out, or that mere first years were sent to deal with something like this.

The question is: why?

Why did the guide stop the evacuation when it was nearly complete, especially when the cursed womb hasn't fully developed yet?

Why could no better equipped shaman handle this? Where is Gojou?

And,

Why are they doing this?

"At the inmates' hospital second lodge, five patients were left there with the cursed womb."

Then they're already dead, Hanzō wants to say.

"If the cursed womb can metamorphose, we predict that it will be a special-grade cursed spirit." The assistant director of Jujutsu college pushed his glasses up, invoking a grave air around him.

What is their goal?

Can it only be blamed that they were understaffed, that no higher grade shaman could spare some time?

Or is it something else? Something sinister in nature, that couldn't easily be revealed.

One thing is for sure.

The curse energy wrapped around their throats, harmlessly, playfully, ridiculing.

They were after something, someone's death. And they couldn't escape it.

They couldn't leave, whoever is behind this would just set up another stage and tell them to act without giving any lines. They couldn't beat the thing. Although it was a drop in the ocean when Hanzō thought of Gojou's capability, he knew they didn't stand a chance.