16: Halloween Festivities

𝖳𝖶: 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁

"They say that grief flies away on the wings of time,"

October 31, 1995

        The rain has been steadily falling since before Guinevere woke up. Outside Grimmauld place were autumn flowers and leaves dripping from droplets of rain.

Raindrops were splattering against the window, and the sky was gray as though it was dust. The air was uninviting and cold as though the people around you were ignoring you. Everything seemed to be so dull and miserable due to the absence of the sun, making the house duller than usual.

Guinevere stirred behind her close eyelids, mentally preparing herself for the day as she tried to bring herself vividity. At first, she was slightly confused on why it was so cold. Besides, she recalls not casting a cooling charm in her room last night. Guinevere rolled to her side to get up as she pried her eyes open and gathered all her energy to stand up and look out the window.

She slowly took in the cold rainfall, already feeling the cold wind hit her skin. Guinevere closed her eyes, picturing Grace as she attempted to run after a small mischievous, Grant. As if the universe was reading her mind, the rain began to fall harder this time. Drops, as though they were coming down just as hard as rocks. It's almost as if the rain wants to strike your eardrums.

Strangely, Guinevere found it quite soothing.

The last time she'd seen her brother Grant was when he came to Grimmauld place. Wasn't exactly a date to remember, seeing as they did lace his drink. The last letter she received from Grant was merely a note that said 'It's done'. She wasn't oblivious or anything, and she knew exactly what he meant. This made the order have a harder time trusting Grant, nevertheless, they somehow still did.

Sighing at the thought of her younger brother, she began to head back to her bed and decided she'd extend a sleep in. Although, the task seemed impossible itself with all the thoughts running around her head. Deciding it was pointless, she propped herself up on her elbows and stood up once more. It was about half past six in the morning and thinking that no one was going to be up to disturb her, she pulled on a jumper over her nightgown and made her way down to the kitchens.

"Hey," greeted Guinevere as she met paths with Sirius, who looked rather bothered. She also noticed that his eyes were a bit bloodshot, and he looked more tired than usual.

Guinevere immediately grew worried upon seeing this and inquired, "Alright there?"

Sirius smiled briefly and nodded, bringing a hand up to her shoulders before he returned to his room.

"If you need someone to talk to," Guinevere started, causing the man to turn around, "Gigi's always here."

At that, Sirius raised a brow at Guinevere and chuckled softly right before leaving. He knew Guinevere didn't like him calling her Gigi, which just made him appreciate her efforts more.