09 | drowned blood

I stayed in front of my glass wall looking out of the city

I stayed in front of my glass wall looking out of the city. There was the silence again.

The room was black and the city light was just as bright. I saw how the city night light made its way, taunting me.

Everything seemed fine, yet I was feeling miserable.

You know that feeling when you have everything in life, yet you feel empty or crave more.

And I know that is such an unnecessary feeling since you have things others wish to have, yet you can't help but feel.. wanting to give up.

Seeing the Russo family like this just cracked an unknown feeling I had buried years ago.

Misery, loneliness. I felt misery towards myself because of the life I had chosen instead of my family.

But did I have a choice?

I was forced to live in this world; I had to after what he had made me go through, after having to go through the torture, the violence the..

Not that I wasn't enjoying this life, I was.

Doing what I was, gave me the adrenaline rush I had always needed, it made me feel alive and accepted, powerful and strong, but something was missing.

This all was going to be over anyways once I had finished our deal, I was back to the clueless girl who knew nothing of all this. Just one thing will be remembered, omerta.

The all so well know code, used in our world.

I walked out of my room through the dark slightly dimmed halls.

It was 3 a.m. in the morning and I couldn't shut my eyes to fall asleep as much as I had tried.

I was hoping no one was up but you never knew in this house there were constantly people up doing shit.

"Where ya going?" suddenly hearing a familiar voice I turned around seeing Silas, Augusto, and Lorenzo leaning against the wall casually looking me up and down .

"Out." I said short turning around to leave. Those boys really never slept, did they?

"Where? Oh, can I join?" spinning around once more I saw Silas wiggling his eyebrows while the others laughed at his reaction taking a few sips out of the glass they had in their hands.

"No."

"You do know if Enzo finds out he won't be happy!"

Augusto warned crossing his arms over his chest.

Suddenly I could feel my body tense up. What was he related to all this and why would I care if he was happy or not?

"I don't give a fuck if he will be happy or not cause where I go and what I do is none of his business!" I set forth to which they pulled their hand in surrender.