Chapter 9 - Jealousy

It was a new morning in true sense.  Some people waiting to know the decisions and some waiting to announce decisions.

In the west wing, it was not a happy environment.  Saudamini was not ready to get up from her bed and get ready. She couldn't help but feel hurt even though she knows from the start of their marriage that she is second in his life and Anamika will always be the first.

Initially she was very jealous of Anamika because she got everything which she couldn't get. She had Yuvraj's unconditional love and whenever they visit any temple or village in the kingdom, people will shower her with love to an extent that they tend to forget that yuvraj had a second wife. She has to point Saudamini to them for them to greet and give some respect. She was best in every field and Ranasa always say that she is born to be a Queen.

Suddenly She got a chance to get all the attention she ever wanted.  She got pregnant and she made good use that situation. Though she didn't want to snatch anything from Anamika but wanted to get her share of love and care from yuvraj and family, She unintentionally bounded yuvraj to herself only. Now when reality hits back, She couldn't get herself to share her husband even if it is his rightfully wedded first wife.

What she didn't realize is that this was a situation for Anamika ten years back when she had to share her husband. Karma does get it's way back, it may take time and give you all the happiness but you can't escape from it even death can't help.

Saudamini was just staring at the ceiling without any thoughts, when a dasi asked permission to enter.  She didn't even raise her eyes and asked her to get in.  Dasi entered and said to her bowing her head, "Choti bahuranisa,  Yuvraj asked you to come to Ranisa's chamber for the meeting. "

When she nodded at the dasi, she went away. Not wanting to disrespect others, Saudamini got up, quickly got ready and went to Ranisa's chamber. When she entered the room, everyone was seated already. She greeted everyone and took her seat on the other side of yuvraj.

Yuvraj started the discussion by saying, "Yesterday I informed Saudamini about everything we talked and asked her consent. She gave me her permission for the same."  Everyone looked at Saudamini for confirmation and she nodded controlling her emotions.

Ranasa and Ranisa were visibly happy and are too eager to start the preparations. Immediately Ranisa said, "Pandit ji already told us the auspicious day of full moon day after 2 months. So I will arrange everything for that but before that Yuvraj you should finish you tour of the kingdom which you have planned before that itself."

Yuvraj nodded and said, "Yes Masa I will finish the tour as early as possible and have to plan everything for the new kingdoms captured starting from infrastructure to trade. I will finish everything within 2 months."

All this time Anamika didn't say anything. Ranisa said smilingly, "OK now everything is decided so I think we can expect our grandson soon. "  Everybody nodded and started to disperse from there.

Later that day, Saudamini came to Anamika's chamber and asked permission to enter. Once dasi came back and asked her to come in, she entered inside. She saw that Anamika was doing puja along with Kamala as she does Puja whenever she is confused. Saudamini started looking around the room till Anamika finishes her puja.

When Anamika was done with the puja, She greeted her with her all time emotionless face and asked her to take a seat. Anamika asked, "Is there any important work choti bahuranisa? ".

Saudamini replied, "I just wanted to check everything here and see you once Didisa. Because you may become busy from tomorrow onwards", She indirectly pointed out about the decision and continued, " Actually Didisa, Sooner or later yuvraj might have to stay here. So I just wanted to check whether everything is according to his comfortness. It's good that I came, see the colour of the curtains, the flowers in the vase and the material of the carpet on the floor, nothing is upto his likes. Also I suggest you Didisa, take my Dasi Mala for some time, she does very good make up and hair styles. Yuvraj will not be able to keep his eyes away from you. You see, I am the living proof of that, You were not able to get his attention till now right."

Unable to keep her jealousy in check, Saudamini spit many taunts towards Anamika and even mocked her. Even though she knows Anamika is the one who gave the right of taking the decision to Saudamini, She shrugged it off thinking its Anamika's way to show off that She is the responsible and neutral badi bahuranisa.  So she tried to flaunt in front of Anamika about Yuvraj and her relationship.

But that backfired her when Anamika replied with the same neutral face which was at the beginning, "Choti bahuranisa! I know that the curtains, flowers and carpet are not according to Yuvraj's likes and dislikes. That is because this is my chamber and everything is according to my likes. Yuvraj has his own chamber to decorate according to his likes. So you don't need to worry about my chamber and as far as my make up is concerned, I am still the same Anamika, for whom yuvraj fell at first sight and hell bent on getting married 15 years ago though we were arranged to meet by our parents. So I don't think I need to change my appearance to attract someone. You don't need to worry about all these, just take rest and take care of your health and baby."

Feeling embarrassed, Saudamini replied, "OK Didisa. I will take my leave".  She greeted and went away. Anamika may seem to be a woman who has her own mind and decisions but few years back, she was also a typical wife who did everything according to her husband's tastes. But she realized that, "nobody can be your friend but you yourself", when loneliness hit her hard. She realized that one should love their own self before loving others do that they don't lose their sanity when their loves ones leave them.

The day went away soon and at the end of the day, some had unconditional happiness at the thought of having a heir for the kingdom and some had a heavy heart.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If  you like the chapter, do vote and comment.

Thanks,
SM.