Chatper 12- My trial

Hey you guys! Sorry for not updating in a while. Everything's kinda hectic right now. 😅

   We headed over to the second gym. The weight of the backpack on my shoulders full of my gear became heavier as we entered and watched the boys warm up. Daichi explained to them what the plan was. Ukai wasn't going to come until the afternoon, so Daichi came up with plans when he wasn't there.
   The boys celebrated when they saw me on the starting lineup for the team. Michimiya decided to start me off as a wing spiker. Kageyama started right in front of me. He looked down on me like a king to a peasant.
   The metaphor was intended. Of course I had heard his nickname, The King Of The Court. Not many people talked about it in Tokyo, but I know Tsukkishima mentioned the name a few times, and Hinata told me about it when I asked what Kageyama's deal was.
   I didn't shrink away when he tried to size me up.
   "Kageyama! Give her some space!" Hinata exclaimed. Kageyama backed away, still glaring at me. My gaze didn't waver either.
   My team served first.
   Noya received, Kageyama-
   "Nope!"
   Hinata's quick attack was stuffed to the floor by my arms. He growled.
   "Ugh, why are you so fast?"
   I shrugged. " I don't know, why are you so slow?"
   He narrowed his eyes at me as I turned around.    The whole team looked at me with disbelief. Their mouths hung open, and I prepared myself to be thrown out of the gym.
   Aihara tried to speak.
   "Wh- How did you do that?" She managed to stutter. I shrugged again.
   "I keep an eye on him, that's it."
   After the initial shock wore off, my team served again, but missed it. It wasn't even that hard of a serve.
   This is gonna be a lot of work.
   The boys team served a topspin: an ace. It was Asahi's serve, which I remember Fukurodani having a bit of trouble handling.
   The next serve resulted in a crappy receive, but Manami was able to retrieve it.
   Oh my god it's coming to me.
   It was coming to me! This was my chance, I could do it!
   It felt so good to finally hit a ball again! The stinging on my palm as I hit it was the best feeling in the world. Right into the corner of the court, where not even their libero could receive it.
   I turned around and pumped my fist a bit, celebrating to myself. But then I looked up at the team smiling at me. Michimiya waved me over to come to the middle of the court to celebrate.
   I remembered all the dirty looks Fukurodani used to give me, and the good riddance they gave me when I told them I was leaving. To see this new team smiling and celebrating with me made me so excited, I practically jumped into the huddle. If I had long enough arms, I would have hugged all of them at the same time.
   "Nice kill!"
   I walked back to the net and looked at Hinata, who was grinning.
   "Are you ready for this?" He asked. I smiled evilly.
   "Absolutely."

   We played out the next couple points. When I went back to serve, the boys team was winning by three points at 4-7.
   Nishinoya called from the other side of the court.
   "Watch the float!" he said as he got into a ready position. He was totally right about that, but there was no way I was gonna serve to him. I decided to serve to the baldy, what was his name? Tanaka!
   I started my approach and served the ball perfectly to him. He received it with hesitation and ended up on the floor. That took him out of the equation for an attack.
   Kageyama set the ball to Asahi, a high set. His power was unmatched and it powered through the block on my side, but it went straight to me. Damn, my defense was on point today.
   Perfect pass to the setter. I heard Asahi grunt in annoyance at my skill.
   Aihara put the ball down on the other side and we all came to the middle to celebrate a good play.
   "Nice dig, (Y/N)!" Watabe congratulated me.
   "Thanks!" I said.
   "Give us another serve!" Michimiya called from the front row.
   So I did. This time I served to the donut (The little spot right behind the middle blocker that people like to tip to), where Tsukkishima totally shanked it.
Until I misplaced the serve and the boys team converted it into a kill, we had come back into the lead with the score being 12-8.
   "Good run!"
   I played left back until I rotated to the front row.  Nothing got past me and no passes of mine were less than a 2. I noticed that the offense wasn't bad when the set was good, but the set can only be good with a good pass, and ( my analytical side, not my emotional side) I noticed that Watabe wasn't delivering them.
   I totally was though, and I felt really bad.
16-12.
   I was back into the front row, again face to face with the King.
   "How does it feel to lose?" I asked him. He scowled at me, and his blue eyes bored into mine.
   "We haven't lost yet. When we win, you're gonna eat your words."
   I smiled, determined to take down the King Of The Court.
   Michimiya served right to Nishinoya, who received it perfectly.
   Kageyama set it to the left side, a high set, so it was easy to be able to get to and cover. Asahi powered through the block though onto our side, getting the point back.
   We played a full set, but the boys team won in the end into extra points with Tanaka scoring the winning hit.
   "Aww yeah!" He cheered. "It's always the best to score the winning point!"
   "Another one!" Hinata begged his coach. It was at that point when I realized our team didn't have a coach. How were we supposed to practice without a coach?
   Michimiya touched my shoulder, making me jump.
   "(Y/N), are you ok with playing another set?"
   I nodded. "Yeah, totally! What do you want me to do?"
   Michimiya looked around, then back at me seeming unsure.
   "What?"
   "How would you feel about playing libero for us?" She asked.
   I had never been asked to be a libero before. My hitting skills have always been better than my defensive abilities.
   "Umm yeah, I could do that for you."
   "Are you sure?"
   "Yeah, I'll do anything you need me to, I've just never been a libero before."
   She gave me a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "I know you'll be great. We'll play you there for now and if you're still uncomfortable we'll put you back as a wing spiker."
   I nodded and Michimiya explained to Watabe what was going on. I expected some push back or at least a dirty look.
   Here we go, my first enemy at Karasuno.
   But I got a face of relief. She was happy she didn't have to play. I was not expecting that at all.
   So I took my position as the libero, ready to prove myself any way I can.

Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed! I'll do my best to update sooner!