~82~

Brighid sat in the passenger seat as Nathan drove to the facility their mother was staying at.

"She'll be happy to see us right?" Brighid asked.

"I don't know. Just don't expect too much" Nathan warned as he pulled into a parking spot. The two walked into the lobby, signed in and headed up to her room. The door was opened but their mother was facing the other way. Nathan gave a gentle knock on the door as the two walked in.

"Nathan, Brighid" Deb exclaimed getting up from her spot on the bed. "I-I-I wasn't sure you'd guys would want to see me"

"Honestly wasn't too sure if I should come" Nathan coldly responded. Brighid had been contemplating coming as well but had decided to join Nathan when he told her.

"Suicide really mom? When are you going to stop? I speak for Brighid and I when I say we can't handle much more"

"This disease-"

"That's not a disease mom, it's a weakness"

"I know I've been weak but I- I'm scared"

"Scared of what? We can help you" Brighid spoke out.

"I'm scared of myself. Here I have a support team, they keep me sober but at home I'm by myself"

"I'm home. You have me" Brighid begged. She wanted to be with her mom again, the sober one.

"I don't know" Deb said.

"Please mom, I need you" Brighid begged once again. She sighed sitting back onto the bed.
———
Later that day Nathan and Brighid invited Mouth and Skills to come help clean the house out.

"Get rid of all alcohol, drugs, anything that might be a temptation. My mom comes home in a few days" Nathan said. The two shook their heads okay.

Nathan and Brighid teamed up clearing out each room, including their own bedrooms.

"Svedka really?" Nathan asked holding up the bright pink bottle.

"Girls night isn't fun without it" Brighid answered. Nathan laughed. "So you're moving back in. That will be nice" Brighid said to Nathan.

"Yeah like good ole times except Haley will be here too". Brighid smiled at the idea of Haley and Nathan living in the house with her. It was so empty she had been shacking it up with Jake, his tiny bedroom couldn't handle the three of them.

"You did good Nate"

After hours of searching Brighid walked down with the last bottle, placing it on the island.

"Almost forgot my secret stash of tequila....Woah so mom was more of an alcoholic than I thought" Brighid commented. There had to be at least 100 bottles of alcohol on the counter.

"We just dumping this or what?" Mouth asked.

"Well it would be a shame to throw away all this alcohol on the night before prom, after just winning the states" Nathan said. He looked at Brighid with a raised eyebrow.

"Party!" Brighid shouted.
———
Brighid and Jake were playing a game of truth or dare when Brooke walked in.

"You will never believe this B. Scott but I got a deal with Victoria Secret. My Clothes over Bros will be in their fashion show!" Brooke squealed. Brighid jumped up from her seat wrapping her arms around Brooke.

"Oh B. Davis congrats"

Brighid and Brooke were about to discuss it in detail more when Haley's voice was heard across the house.

"You bitch" Haley shouted. Rachel ran out soaking wet. Brooke went after Rachel and Brighid went to find Haley.

"Haley what happened?" Brighid asked. Suddenly the tv switched from Nathan playing games to a sex tape of some guy with someone unknown.

"Turn this off" Brighid yelled running to the tv just as she switched the video to pause the screen revealed it was her and one of the senior from Nathan's basketball team a few years ago. It was right before she had met Jake.

"Brig is that Mike?" Nathan asked flicking the tv off.

"Jake" Brighid called out ignoring Nathan's question. "Jake wait. It was a few weeks before we met.

"You should have told me you had a sec tape filmed"

"I didn't know. I was drunk off my ass that night. My dad was pressuring me about playing on varsity as a freshman. It just was one of those nights"

"Whatever Brig" Jake said driving away. Brighid slumped back into the house upset that tape every existed. She headed straight to her room ignoring the party taking place.

The next morning she stumbled downstairs to find her mom in the kitchen.

"Mom, you're home" Brighid said shocked.

"Oh my god. Im sorry I left the house like this" She asked stunned by the alcohol.

"Yeah clean it up" Nathan said winking at Brighid.

She headed back upstairs to get changed hoping to smooth things over with Jake in time for tonight.