041

January 22nd

Dear Future Me,

Everything has been magical ever since my birthday. No more drama, no craziness, just pure bliss. It's kind of weird having some sort of normalcy as I got used to the chaos, but I think that chaos is going to start up again later today.

As planned last week at my surprise birthday party, the "squad" is going to have a "squad sleepover" at Levi's place. I don't think they know I spent the night at Levi's on New Year's, but if they do, they're insanely good at keeping their mouth shut about it.

Since I'm going to Levi's house straight after school, I had to pack a little duffel bag the night before. I'm totally gonna look like all of the sports kids when they bring their duffel bags for practice and games, so I guess I give to live that one out just this once. I'm just gonna put it in my locker until the end of the day though. There's nothing to flex. Well, besides my amazing group of friends.

God, I'll never get used to saying that.

Sincerely,

Past Me.

•••

Balancing her backpack on her shoulders and her duffel bag hanging off her left arm, Skye gripped the handles of her bike as she rode to school on a fairly chilly winter morning. She simply couldn't wait for spring when riding her bike didn't make her feel like she would turn frozen any second.

"I can just fit your bike in the back," Levi said to her over the phone last night. Sure, with the squad sleepover finally occurring after school, it gave her a little motivational boost to keep going, but this was just ridiculous. There was no way she would leave her bike at school for the weekend, and there was surely no way she'd go with Levi's morning schedule. Skye liked her sleep, simple as that.

As Skye rode down the main road (making sure to stay close the edge by the sidewalk so she wouldn't get hit and/or die), she heard a car beep, which was odd as she wasn't even blocking any cars. She turned her head to find a familiar silver car in the lane closest to her. Squinting her eyes to see who was in the window, she knew just who exactly was in the car, her suspicions confirmed as an all too recognizable face rolled down the window.

"Xavier?" Skye furrowed her eyebrows.

"Hey!" He yelled out. "Get in the car! We won't kill you or anything!"

"What about my bike?!" She asked. It's not like Skye could just leave her bike on some random street, it would get stolen in a heartbeat! Luckily for her, Levi had more of a brain than she initially perceived him to have.

"Hey, Skye!" Levi yelled, climbing over Xavier to wave at her, making his umber-skinned best friend lean far back against the seat.

"Uh, hey!" Skye waved back, still as confused as ever.

"I'm gonna pull over!" He replied, freeing Xavier of his misery and going back to the driver's seat.

Skye stood by as Levi pulled over his car away from the lane, putting it in park and stepping out of the car to show off a bike rack, which his dad purchased for Levi's car after a post-dinner trip to Walmart last night when Levi finished his phone call with Skye. "Look what I got."

"When did you get that?" She asked him.

"Last night," Levi said.