Part 4

April 4th, 6pm

Courtney ran down to Shayne's apartment and knocked on his door.

"Hey," Her face brightened at the sight of his.

"What's up?"

"Are you busy?" she said wringing her hands behind her back.

"What do you want to do?" he said leaning over his doorframe smiling with interest. 

"So, I've got this really great movie, my dad just mailed it to me from home, you down?"

"Yeah okay. Popcorn?"

"Absolutely, come with me"

They ran up to her apartment.

- - - - -

Spoiler for the movie Xanadu, if you haven't seen it you could do that or watch some clips off youtube, it's pretty fun to read without context too tho in my opinion.

Shayne immediately noticed the DVD case on her coffee table, "Xanadu, that was the great movie?"

"Well have you ever seen it?"

"No, but - I mean, come on, Xanadu, that has to be the world's cheesiest movie."

"Then I hope you did cardio because we're about to have a lot of cheese." Courtney shouted over to him as she started her gas burner under the world's oldest popcorn maker.

"Wow. I thought we'd just do microwave popcorn."

"I don't fuck around when it comes to popcorn, from scratch babey!" She pulled out some vegetable oil and popcorn kernels. About 4 minutes later they had a massive bowl of popcorn that would rival the gods.

- - - - -

Courtney had all her windows open. She liked the smell of a new spring, and golden hour made her apartment feel very cozy and peaceful. She put the disc in her Xbox and played the movie. She grabbed a light knitted blanket for herself. They both sat on her couch pretty conservatively but the singular popcorn forced them to be at least a little close.

"This is already weird" Shayne said at the very beginning of the movie. As 'I'm Alive' played Shayne was visibly confused.

"Just stick with it. I promise it gets better" Courtney said.

Shayne sat back and sighed deeply, resigning to dig into the popcorn preparing for the next two hours of 80's nonsense.

- - - - - 

As the movie went on Courtney was able to get closer to him and noted that Shayne had this kind of gruff natural scent, it was different, like cinnamon and the smell of an old book.

"Wait... Gene Kelly's in this movie," Shayne asked.

"Uh yeah I think that's him."

"What!?"

- - - - -

Courtney rested her head in the crook of his neck now. She could feel him breathing and the whole situation made her feel tired. She could have fallen asleep right there. It was a comfort that came from security, she felt more safe that she ever had before. Courtney noticed the sun had begun to descend and the sky above became a soft violet speckled with light stars awaiting full darkness to release their true glow. Looking up at Shayne, he seemed a bit compelled when the two love interests really meet. Discreetly studying his face, she couldn't tell what he was thinking and it made her a little upset.

Then her stomach growled softly, - 'shit the popcorns gone' she thought. She glanced over at the digital clock on her TV box. Yeah, there was no way she could wait till the end of the movie for dinner. Around ten minutes later she asked,