Sukuna - Touch (part two)

(This is set during the Shibuya arc in the manga. It doesn't spoil anything specific, but would make more sense with context.)

Everything was so organized.

The plan, the execution of the plan, and every minor detail.

Everyone knew the risk of dealing with a large scale attack in a populated place. Of course there would be casualties. You just weren't expecting this many.

Walking down the street, the sight of all the human bodies resting around your feet made your head woozy. The only thing keeping you upright was convincing yourself that it's not over yet, you can't break down.

The main concerning part was that you had no idea where anyone was. You finished your own mission, not that it was that hard, and you have no idea where anyone else went. All you know is that it's not going according to plan.

Maybe everyone was still fighting. They could all be dead for all you know. But it wasn't the time to think about that. You just needed to find someone, something to focus on. Something to occupy your mind with to get out all the skull crushing thoughts circling in your head.

Speak of the devil, you spy a big curse, definitely one formed by Mahito, the gross bastard.

It was bumpy and mailable, almost like a huge clump of wet clay. The only thing worse then the appearance was the smell. The foul odor of human decay and burning skin.

Its multitude of eyes tracked your movement as you walked toward it, almost like it was gauging your power. Okay so it wasn't dumb then.

Stopping about two yards away, you tilt your head up to look at the top of the curse. It was about ten feet tall, pretty round and most likely heavy. That was a good thing at least, it probably didn't move around well.

You smile at it, cracking your neck to the side, "Let's do this, shall we?" You say in a posh voice, definitely not taking it seriously.

It seemed like that's the signal the curse was waiting for, because before you even get the chance to lunge at it, it swerves to the side, jumping up and falling toward the place you're standing.

What the fuck, that shouldn't be possible.

You stare up in disbelief, quickly running out of the way so it doesn't land on you. It cracks the ground with its weight, bringing up a curtain of dust.

You put an arm in front of your eyes, coughing. That's not possible, it shouldn't be able to move that fast. Maybe you're focusing too much on human ability though. This thing was definitely not human.

As the dust clears, you take in the sight of the curse, which was gurggling in amusement. It seems to glow with pride at the fact that it took you off guard.

"Don't get so cocky now." You growl, running to the side at a pace that you've taken years to master.

It looks around confused, obviously losing sight of you. Using that confusion to your advantage, you circle around behind it, jumping up and flipping onto its neck, taking out a dagger and stabbing it down into its neck. Pushing yourself backwards on your feet, you slide down the back of the creature, dragging the weapon all the way down its back.

The cursed energy poured into the weapon causes the curse to wail in agony, twitching at the searing sensation of pain cutting down its back. Before your feet hit the ground, the curse swings its body, causing you to fly to the side, slamming into one of the abandoned cars in the area.

Doing this in the city was really not working in your favor.

Before the curse can regain its senses, you crawl behind the car you were thrown into, crouching down out of view.