DRUNKEN DUO

____

____

The next few days were spent in silence.

Ethaline refused to be looked at, despite Harry's pleads but he knew well if he kept asking it would end badly so he stopped. He recognized that with every passing day the girl he met, the scared one in the chaos at the Quidditch Tournament was slowly being stripped away.

And replaced with something else.

Someone else.

Harry watched from afar as she spoke to a wizard she knew form a village in France, fluent in their language as she explained to them something. It went something like this.

"I get that you would like to help Lilo, but I can't have more people in danger—"

The man named Lilo sighed, "With all due respect, Mére de Draconis, if the dark lord succeeds—not questioning your capabilities as well as Mr. Potters—it would be an even bigger danger for us. For my children."

Ethaline took a second to think about it before sighing lightly, "How many?" She asked as Harry finally stood up and made his way over to them.

"149 and they are all above age." He said as Ethaline exhaled slowly and nodded.

"21 and over, everyone else is to be waited for a special assignment." Ethakine said before thanking and dismissing him just in time to greet Harry.

"Are you ready for our date?" Harry asked, an eyebrow raised as Ethaline blushed.

"An outdoor picnic by the forest lake as friends while my dragons eat and rest peacefully. I told you I wasn't interested in getting back with you." She said, a small smile on her face as she pushed past him and started to walk to over to the Burrow that was being repaired.

"And I told you that I wasn't going to take no for an answer unless you gave me a valid reason." Harry said, rushing to stand in front of her so she wouldn't open the door. He gave her a serious look, "How are you?"

Ethaline rolled her eyes, "Fine Harry, I'm fine. Now move so I could get through and—"

"Yell at someone?" Fred and George asked as they walked past them holding boxes, "Mum already did that. They were doing the chimney correctly."

Ethaline snickered, looking away from them and back at Harry, "Can we go now?" Harry asked, a smirk on his face, "Or do I need to invoke my leadership over Azura and have her claw you to the lake?"