Lights and Lemons

-

Light pushed on Karl's eyelids and his face felt warm in the light. He felt a soft hand resting lightly on his shoulder, and he slightly opened his eyes to see in the sunlight streaming in. When he fully saw what was in front of him he gasped and shot up quickly, the blanket sliding off of him. He saw Nick, kneeling in front of where he sat, giving him a gentle smile. His soft brown hair laid lightly over his white bandana that was tied around his head and draped down onto his white and black t-shirt.

Karl sat there, shocked for a moment, not knowing how or what to say. He just sat there admiring him from the edge of the couch when Nick started to move. He slightly sat up and leaned forward towards Karl, so close that he could feel his breath. His hands slowly came up and cupped the smaller boy's jaw and pulled him slightly closer, but still not closing the gap. Karl paused for a moment, feeling the hand on his face before quickly closing the gap between them and pressing his lips against Nick's.

The sweet feeling of ecstasy flushed his face a shocked his limbs, making him feel light headed as he laced his fingers through his hair and sliding off the couch to pull himself closer. Nick's hand rested gently on his hips as Karl pulled himself onto his lap, pulling the kiss in deeper. Their lips pressed together passionately, pulling away only partly to breathe. He placed his elbows on Nick's shoulders, trying to pull him closer. Nick's hands rested on Karl's back under his shirt, and the coolness of his hands made his heart skip a beat and gasp slightly. Nick smiled against his lips, and Karl could feel his mouth curl and his scruff tickled his face.

Nick's hands roamed his back, holding him as tight as he could as they kissed passionately, the light from the wide windows warming both their bodies. Karl was lightheaded from the feeling and every touch felt lighter and lighter, and the lights got dimmer and dimmer. He pulled back for a moment to take a breath, the light almost nearly gone now, and looked at Nick. His eyes looked back cold and empty and the light began to fall away more as Nick's eyes melted into black. The room collapsed around them and Nick began to turn to sand in his arms.

He gasped loudly and sat up, waking suddenly. He tried to breathe to calm himself, not noticing how he was positioned when he woke up. He panted and put a hand over his mouth for a moment before he felt a heavy hand on his back. He looked up quickly to see his friends looking at him concerned, but the hand came from Nick.

"Woah, woah, Karl," Nick said concerned.
"You're alright, we're here," He reassured.

He turned to look at him and jumped for a second remembering the dream. Then he noticed how he was sitting.

Somehow while Karl was sleep, he shifted his weight until Nick was completely under him loosely in between his legs with his head on Nick's chest, the blankets draping over both of them. He would have been embarrassed and flustered, if not for the nightmare that stained his eyelids. He heard Dream reach over and pause the show as Nick fixed how he was sitting to better face Karl.

"Hey, man are you alright? We're here, you're okay," Nick said again. Karl slowed his breathing for a moment and paused.

"Whe- when did you get here?" He asked sleepily, still catching his breath.

"I don't know, like two hours ago? George let me in,"

"Yo Karl, you good? You were mumbling something in your sleep then you just shot up," Quackity chimed in from across the room.

"I- I um," He couldn't give them the real answer, but he needed an explanation. "Just a bad dream. I- I'll be okay," He assured, and Nick's hand left his back. Still disoriented, he stood up from Nick's lap and shuffled to the other side of the couch.

"H-how did I get there?" he asked, half laughing. He hoped to God that he didn't do it in his sleep, that would be unbelievably embarrassing for everyone involved. But they assured that Nick had put him there, and they laughed a bit before turning the show back on and relaxing again, but Karl was rattled, and it showed on his face.

Nick continued to watch him carefully out of the corner of his eye, worried he had overstepped. He thought that he was startled from waking up where he didn't expect and that he felt taken advantage of, which was never his intent. Karl eventually relaxed a bit more but, Nick was still concerned.

They all continued the have a calm night together, playing games and talking. The evening progressed normally, they ate dinner and messed with each other for a while, but they eventually started to tire out so Karl showed them to their rooms. Nick was staying in the guest room with Alex, Dream and George were staying in the office, and Jimmy would be staying on the couch. They brought their bags into the rooms and started getting ready for bed, letting the house start to fall silent again.

-

A blanket of stillness fell over the house, but Karl was still wide awake, terrified to go to sleep again. He sat, lost in thought, staring out into the dim light of the night outside of the window, the dream playing on a loop in his head. He shook his head trying to lose the thought and got out of bed, stretching in his classic color-block hoodie. silently, he made his way down the stairs trying not to wake anyone else in the house.

The kitchen island lights were on, casting a golden fuzz over the room. Soft green light from the microwave read 1:29 AM. Reaching up into the freezer, he pulled out the leftover cherry ice cream cake and uncovered it taking a piece for himself. He left the cake on the counter but climbed into the island to sit and eat. Enjoying it silently, he heard the stairs creaking slightly. He shot his head up to see a very tired, and very shirtless Nick leaning against the fame of the hallway rubbing his eyes.

Karl's face flushed red for a moment, but he cleared his throat to compose himself.

"What are you doing up?" Karl asked him. Nick started to make his way over to him in the kitchen.

"Couldn't sleep. You either huh?" Nick walked over to the unwrapped cake and looked to Karl for approval before taking a piece. "Are you sure you're alright?" He asked, still concerned. Karl nodded swiftly and took another bite of his cake hoping to change the topic as Nick brought his own cake onto the counter and sat with him.

"If it's about me moving you, I really am sorry. George said it would be funny, I should've known you wouldn't be okay with it, that's really on me," He said quickly. Karl shook his head hard in response.

"No, no! that wasn't it all, I mean I was startled, but it really was because of a bad dream, I promise. You did nothing wrong," Nick nodded, relieved he hadn't made him uncomfortable.

"Well you seemed pretty shaken up from it, do you want to talk about it?"

"I really don't," Karl said with a laugh, taking a bite of his cake. Nick laughed along with him but was still worried the smaller boy would need help, or there was something he could do for him.

They continued to enjoy the cake in the quiet, and Nick finished his cake before Karl could. So, he got down from the counter and put his plate in the sink before walking back over to Karl. He gave him a light peck on the cheek, making Karl's face heat up.

"I'm gonna try and head to bed again, good night pretty boy,~" he giggled and turned to go back up the stairs, leaving Karl a blushing mess on the counter.

Edited
1383 Words