𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓: 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐓

"It's like the Fates want me to die! Why does everyone want me to die?!"

THEY ENDED UP SPENDING THE NIGHT IN THE COLD WOODS. Because Annabeth didn't want to draw anymore attention from monsters she refused to let anyone light a fire so Eris Lewis, who was already naturally cold, spend the night shivering. But she didn't complain; she didn't want to be a bother.

They decided that someone would keep watch while everyone else slept and the first person was the trouble-maker himself:Percy Jackson.

"Sweets," A voice whispered as someone's hand nudged her shoulder.

Eris blinked slowly and flinched when she noticed sea green eyes. "Pe-Percy," she squeaked, crawling away from him backwards. "What's wrong? Is it my turn t-to watch?"

Percy quickly shook his head. "No, you're shivering," he said, "Are you cold?"

She rubbed her arm. "Ye-yeah but don't worry about," she said hurriedly. "I'm-I'm fine."

He eyed her before shrugging off his dark blue jacket and holding it out. "Here, take it."

Eris shook her head and pushed it away from her. "No-No thanks," she said quietly flushing deeply. "I don't wanna be a bother."

"Just take it," he insisted. "I don't get cold easily, I'll be fine."

"No really-"

"Sweets," he said sounding exhausted, "just take the jacket."

With hesitant hands Eris took the jacket and put it on. It smelled like salty sea water. She zipped it up, laid down, and closed her eyes.

In her dreams she dreamed of the sea.

   PERCY JACKSON WOKE UP TO SOMEONE POKING HIS FACE

"Percy," a shaky voice whispered. "It's um...time to get up."