Chapter 4

This is going to be the only chapter that has song lyrics in it. The song is Heart of Stone from Six. I took out a couple of lyrics because I felt that it fit better in the story with them out, not that the song has much to do with the story ahaha, but I still did it. You should listen to it^^^ cause its such a great song:)

I nervously entered the theater, Race, Albert, Jojo and Elmer following behind. I spun around, hitting my brother's chest.

"I can't do this," I whispered to him.

"Sure ya can, you'll do amazing. Why the sudden doubt?"

"I don't feel ready. I've neva sang before people. What if I blow it?"

"Cassandra," Race began, pulling me into a tight hug. "You are one of the most talented people I know. You won't mess up. And if you do, just draw from your Higgins charm. I know ya have some, buried in there," he said poking my sides. I held my body still to keep from tensing. 

"Thanks Race, so don't act like you if I mess up?"

"Hey! I'm the most charming!"

"The most," I mocked, pulling myself out of the hug. He stuck his tongue out, grinning like a fool.

"Now come on. Yous gonna be late." The two of us walked into the theater, heading back stage like Miss. Medda had directed me the night before.

"Hi Caz," Andy called walking over to me, completely ignoring my brother who was currently looking her up and down.  I had to stop myself from glancing down at my own body. Now was really not the time. "How are you feeling?"

"Sick? Nervous? Like Ima pass out?" She gave a small laugh. 

"Don't worry, it usual gets better once you start singing."

"Should we run through it quickly?"

"If you want."

"Sure. Race, don't kill anyone. And tell the others the same."

***

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Miss Cassandra and Miss Andrea!" I stepped out on the stage, finding my place, parallel to Andy. I wiped my sweaty hands on the fabric of my skirt. Miss. Medda had ushered me into a beautiful magenta dress that complemented the strawberry tinge of my hair. 

I listened to the beautiful piano intro before taking a deep breath and letting the words flow from my mouth. 

Caz

You've got a good heart, but I know it changes, a restless tide, untamable. You came my way, and I knew a storm could come too, you'd lift me high, or let me fall

Andy

But I took your hand, promised I'd withstand any blaze you blew my way. Cause something inside, it solidified, and I knew I'd always stay

Caz

You can build me up, you can tear me down, you can try, but I'm unbreakable

Andy

You can do your best, but I'll stand the test, you'll find that I'm unshakeable

Together

When the fire's burnt, when the wind has blown, when the water's dried, you'll still find stone