- 𝟎𝟎𝟖

ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ [ ᴀᴛʟᴀɴᴛᴀ, ɢᴀ ]
ᴘᴏᴠ [ 3ʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ]

𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 ↳ 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝚅𝚒𝚎𝚠

𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝
↳ 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝚅𝚒𝚎𝚠

"can i hear somethin you've written?" santana asked elijah who peered at her through his glasses.

"why?" he asked her and she scrunched her nose slightly at his response.

"whatchu mean why? i just wanna know if you as good as everybody say you are." she said and shrugged her shoulders.

"who is everybody?" elijah asked as he dodged her initial question.

"our professors literally talk about your work all the time, from what i hear you could be the next shakespeare or lorraine hansberry if you were to start play writes." she told him and shrugged once more.

"but come on just read me somethin, it could anything." she said trying to get something out of him and truthfully, santana was really interested in his writing although she hadn't read anything of his.

there was something about elijah that had her in a tight hold. even though he was secretive with his work she liked how much he loved it.

over their time together elijah always had a book or a journal, so if he wasn't reading he was writing well except when his attention was diverted to her.

santana snapped from her conscience as elijah began to speak, the word effortlessly flowing while he read her one of his personal favorites.

"isolation. to be in an act of solitude where one is all alone. his, her, or their thoughts surrounding them like a tempest which holds one back." he started and wanted to stop then and their.

nobody but some of his professors and mother had read or heard anything he's written personally, because everything else was under an anonymous writer which was what he liked about the art of literature. feelings and thoughts can be shared through somebody completely nameless and the effect of their words are just as powerful as an author who's well known or has a true identity.

"isolated is how i grew up and the need to be solus was who i became. slowly my liveliness withdrew and the pleasure of being innocent faded."

"i grew closer to the darkness than the light and i was used to the new comfortable. isolation." as he finished santana was in a slight daze.

the effect of just listening to elijah talk for a period of time made her feel all fuzzy inside. it wasn't just the slight base or small accent in his voice but it was also the things he did while he spoke.