XXXI. The Maiden's Gospel

Subaru wakes up now inside the graveyard after he was killed by Elsa in the other loop back at the mansion.

"Did I just die? Elsa... What was that woman doing in the mansion? This is... the graveyard? So... right after the trial? Or-- Emilia!" Subaru called on Emilia who got unconscious once again.

"Subaru?" Emilia asked.

"She failed again as expected. I wanna see how tragic her trial is!" Priscilla said.

"Then what? Laugh at her past?" Crusch asked.

"Did I said something like that? You're jumping to conclusions too early, Crusch. That's why you lost your arm in the future because of that." Priscilla said.

"This woman..." Tanya angrily uttered on Priscilla.

"Yeah, that's right. It's me." Subaru said. Emilia suddenly yelled and wailed at the same time after realizing something again from her trial.

"It wasn't me! It wasn't!" Emilia cried.

"I know. It's okay. Everything's okay." Subaru said.

"Subaru..." Emilia uttered while holding Subaru tightly.

The scene shifted back to the house in the village after they took the trial.

"I'm sorry. I've finally calmed down." Emilia said.

"Emilia..." Subaru uttered.

"Are you feeling all right?" Ram asked.

"Yes... because Subaru was there for me, I think. We need to talk about the trial now." Emilia said.

"I think? He was always with you the whole time." Tanya angrily said.

"I-I know!" Emilia said.

"Yeah... but I have a pretty good idea of what it's about. It showed you your past, right?" Subaru asked.

"Past?" Otto asked.

"How the hell do you know what happens in the trial?" Garfiel asked.

"You saw the ruins glowing, didn't you? I was qualified to do it too. And... I passed it." Subaru said.

"Why do I have to see myself getting stupid after not knowing that this man can pass the trial huh?!" Garfiel angrily asked his other-self.

"It's to see what are our future mistakes too. And who knows, we might have a chance to go back to our world after all of this." Ryuzu said.

"He's starting to talk about himself now as he's about to do some crazy stuff later on." Naofumi mumbled.

"Hmm... Young Su passed, eh?" Ryuzu asked.

"Assuming he's not joking, that's quite an achievement. If it's true, we can remove the barrier. Garf, how does the barrier look now?" Ram asked.

"No changes." Garfiel replied.

"So you lied. Drop dead." Ram said.

"Sister..." Rem pouted on Ram.

"I know. I'm sorry." Ram said.

"You sure about that haven't changed?! But what about him passing the trial!?" Garfiel yelled.

"Maybe you forgot that Emilia-sama is taking the trial too!" Julius said.

"It could be that two of them must pass the trials to change the barrier's status." Anastasia said.