Chapter 32 - The Eir of Sin

"Hold her, Nat, I need to get us out of here!"

"Steve, they're behind us! Watch out!"

Hazy flashes of bright lights, then darkness.

-----

"GO, GO, START THE PLANE!" Steve's voice is close to your face. But you can't see him. You can't open your eyes. They're too heavy. And everything hurts. You let out a pained groan.

"Hold on, Y/n, we're almost there."

Blackness.

----

Floating voices. Shards of light that pierce your skull like daggers.

"She's holding steady, Tony, but I don't know what's wrong with her. She's started spasming again."

"Her eyes are still silver, Steve - what the hell is going on? What happened?"

"I don't know Nat - no, Tony! They haven't gone back to normal. No...no...no, that's a bad idea, Tony. I think we should- okay, fine! Fine, just put him on. Hello? Wait, what? What the hell does that mean? Loki, what the hell are we supposed to do?!"

Far away voices, loud echoes in your mind, sharp images of Loki, Phil, Agent May.

Nothing.

----

"LET ME SEE HER!"

"Get out of here Loki!"

"GET OUT OF MY WAY YOU PATHETIC IMBECILES!"

"Brother, calm yourself."

"I WARNED YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN, STARK."

"Hand her to me, Steve Rogers, we must go now."

"DO NOT TAKE HER, THOR. I SWEAR ON OUR MOTHER'S CROWN IF YOU TAKE HER -"

Everything fades away.

-----

A gentle breeze tumbles over your cheeks, kissing your nose as it passes. It dances across the room, rustling a set of nearby curtains. A soft light sends your head pounding - the ache pulling you to consciousness. It takes a moment, but you force your eyelids to flutter open. 

Where am I?

You blink several times, desperately trying to make out your surroundings. But everything is hazy, and far too bright. Unable to bring the world into focus, you reach out with your hands. You're in a bed. But...not your bed. The covers are different. Much softer.

"Y/n?"

Your head snaps in the direction of the familiar voice.

"Thor?" you question, struggling to sit up. But two strong hands gently lay you back down through the covers.

"Rest, my lady. You are safe."

"Thor?" you ask. "Where am I?"

"It matters not. What matters is that you are with friends, and you are safe."

"I can't see, Thor. Why can't I see?"

"It is temporary, Y/n. Please, stay calm."

You take a few deep breaths. "Thor, where's Loki?"

"He is safe at Stark Tower."

"Wait, we're not at the Tower?" you ask, confused. 

You hear Thor let out a gentle sigh from your side. But he doesn't answer your question.