4. Love Bites

Peter had an idea of how you were real. He knew you were real - he knew you were a very real human being with blood pumping through your veins and air in your lungs - but sometimes when he looked at you ... he wondered if he died a long time ago and this was his heaven.

Of course, if this was heaven he wouldn't mind if things were a little easier. It's not like he likes getting kicked the shit out of him at least once a month by some psychopathic maniac, but the moments where you're sleeping next to him and the sunlight is filtering through your curtains just perfectly so your skin glows in Peter's arms is just ... heavenly.

Peter had this idea of how you were real. You wake up mortal. Your eyes open and you wake up expecting the day to be just as normal as every other mortal in the world. But as you go about your day your primordial awakening slowly blossoms inside you as you bless others with your kindness, generosity, prowess, ingenuity, and grace. And then you glow throughout the day without any knowledge of just how special you are until you walk through the door at the end of the day and slowly sink back into your mortal skin as you fall back into Peter's arms.

He's convinced that's how you function. And Peter had seen quite a lot of different beings in his lifetime so he knew you were different and special. He knew you were otherworldly and unattainably perfect. And in the back of his mind he knew you were human, but you were his human and that means a whole great deal to him.

You had no idea this was how Peter saw you. You knew he loved you more than he'd ever loved anyone else because he reminded you at least three times a week. And he let you sit on the fancy couch in his office that he refused to let anyone else sit on (because it was so plush and he loved napping on it and refused to let anyone other than you lie on it in the fear it'll lose the plushness he loves so much). He lets you paint his nails on his right hand whenever you're redoing your own nails, and he always buys the pistachio pound cake you like from the market on the other side of Manhattan whenever he can swing by because he knows it's your favorite breakfast.

There are so many signs that Peter loves you without him having to say it, and as the sun shone through the light egg shell white curtains you loved so much, Peter's way of showing he loved you was with his tongue.

You could feel him before you even opened your eyes. His lips were so warm as they sucked softly on your collarbone and the warmth rivaled the sun rays as you rolled fully onto your back and sighed contently.

His hand was on your shoulder where he'd been holding you tightly to his chest the night before as the two of you had fallen asleep. Peter always stayed over on weekends, and Saturday mornings like these were your favorites. You could feel his hand - large and all-encompassing - trailing down to your chest where he cupped one of your breasts and squeezed with just enough pressure while he dug his teeth into the flesh of your neck and hummed, causing you to gasp.

Your fingers reached blindly for him because your eyes were still heavy from sleep but now they're a bit heavier from the lust washing over your body. All you could smell was Peter and you could feel his right hand slowly start to drift down your stomach as your breath hitches and you feel him settle between your legs.

He must have been up already that morning because you could feel the warm metal of his left arm wrapping slowly around your thigh as he pried you open. Your hand blindly reached out for his shoulder as you feel them - large, warm, broad, and tattooed - keep your legs pushed apart.

"Good morning, baby," Peter hummed against your inner thigh while sucking on your skin.

You whined without meaning to as you felt Peter's tongue lapping away without any warning. His nose dragged against your clit and Peter hummed again, causing your breath to catch and your fingernails to dig into his shoulders. He'd caught you off guard and you were vulnerable, and he knew it.