Chapter 18

"Expelliarmus!" Harry shouted, directing it to a Death Eater right behind you. You ducked down in time, the green light casting right over your head. You hurriedly ran behind him, pulling his arm to continue going. "Where are we going?" He asked, running even faster and throwing spells everywhere, you doing the same. 

"To Luna, of course," you responded, pulling him towards the stairs. Hermione and Ron had already made their way towards the room of requirement, or possibly the chamber because of the basilisk venom, having the Marauder's Map with them in case they got lost. Your footsteps felt heavy as you continued running, searching for a blonde girl anywhere. Harry was right beside you, looking out for himself and you.

"Where do you reckon-," he started, stumbling over a step making you catch him with your arms. He momentarily smiled at you, giving you the thanks, and continued to run. "She is at?" He continued, stopping abruptly to look around again. Some of the ceiling fell right in front of the both of you, some glass shattering under it.

"I don't know, really," you replied, wiping the sweat that built up on your forehead. You sighed and felt people pushing towards you. You turned around, not knowing whether to be upset or not. There were two students, Hufflepuff they seemed by the dirty robe that turned the yellow a slight brown. They were being attacked by a big death eater, towering over them while he fixed his mask that hid his features. 

You hurriedly drew out your wand and yelled, "Stupefy!" A bright light, looked like a flash, made its way to the chest of the death eater. He sprung up to the air and threw itself down on the wall, falling down a set of stairs. The Hufflepuff students looked at you, dirt, grime, sweat, blood all over their faces. 

"Guys, go! Run," you pleaded, stepping forwards and watching the death eater's body slowly start to move. It looked like if he had been thrown from the fifth floor. You nodded firmly and turned back to look at the two boys who were staring at each other with a glisten in their eyes. You felt yourself grin as that face was familiar, like you've seen someone make that same face before. 

"I'm sorry, Louis," one of the Hufflepuff boys said, with tears in his eyes. "I didn't know you were going to get harmed."

"You couldn't predict the future," Louis responded, his voice wet with tears. "We got out of there safely." 

You walked away, trying to give them space while Harry continued to fight with others or asking people if they'd seen Luna. While you halted, you heard their conversation without meaning to. 

"Why are you still looking at me like that?" A raspy voice asked, it was Louis'. 

"I don't know. But, I don't want to stop looking at you," the other said, his voice a little higher when he said the last bit. 

"Why?" Louis asked, and you heard his voice as if he was smiling. 

"You know why," the other said, chuckling softly. 

There was silence and you turned around. You smiled and hurriedly turned away. They were kissing each other, and you felt so happy for them, even though you have never met them before. You hurriedly walked away but you saw at the corner of your eyes a person in a mysterious cloak making their way towards the boys who were too occupied to notice anything around them. 

You drew out your wand and aimed it at the death eater. "Expelliarmus!" You yelled but it was a little too late. The death eater has gotten the light curls from Louis' head and pulled it to the ground. The other boy was staring agape at the death eater who had the wand towards his neck. 

You started towards them but Harry grabbed your arm. You turned to look at him, your heart leaping from your chest to your throat. His face was apologetic but he had a fierce look in his eyes. "Y/n, we have to go, I found Luna already," he said, releasing your arm and walking down the stairs carefully.