Four

Manik was in kitchen, instructing about breakfast to Maria when their doorbell rang. Excusing himself Manik went and opened the door. Nandini's father was there. Manik welcomed him.

"Good morning, papa. Please come." Saying this Manik gave him a way to enter. Ritesh nodded at him and entered. Manik then took his blessings.

"Be happy always. How are you, son? And where's Nandu?" Asked Ritesh. Manik smiled.

"I am fine, Papa. And Nandini is getting fresh. She will join us soon. How's everyone at home? Maa, Rishabh?" Asked Manik. Ritesh smiled.

"Fantastic. After two weeks he's leaving for California so he and his mother is all busy in packing and other stuffs." Manik nodded hearing him.

"Yeah, Nandini told me. He's willing to do MS. That's great." Ritesh smiled.

"Yeah. Let's see. I hope he adjust there and manage the studies. It's quite different and hard." Said Ritesh on which Manik agreed.

When they were talking, Nandini came down getting ready and was shocked yet happy to see her father after long time.

"Papaa!" Nandini exclaimed looking at him while Ritesh turned and gave her smile while opening his arms. Smiling back Nandini ran into his arms carefully thinking about her wound. Ritesh didn't notice it as he was looking at her happy face. After hugging her, he kissed her hairs lovingly.

"I missed you papa."

"I missed you too, princess. How are you?" Asked Ritesh breaking the hug. Both settled on sofa opposite to Manik. Nandini smiled widely.

"I am all good. How are you? And maa, Rishu? You came alone? That too suddenly? Everything ok?" Asked Nandini. Ritesh patted her back seeing her worried.

"We all are doing great. Actually Manik called me here saying something imp-"

"Ah, yes Nandu. Actually I had a business related work with papa. Dad is out of station so thought to get advise from papa. And also you were missing him. Issiliye bula liya unhe ghar." Explained Manik. Nandini smiled.

"Thanks Manik."

"Madam, ye thanks chodo. Hum dono yaha kabse baithe hai, hume bhooke pet rakhne ka iraada hai kya? I am so hungry." Said Manik on which Ritesh chuckled while Nandini shook her head.

"I second Manik, Nandu. I am hungry too."

"Offo, I forgot only. Come on. Let's have our breakfast. Abhi table lagvati hu. Maria, Rose.." calling for maids Nandini entered inside kitchen while Manik led Ritesh to dining table.

________________

After having breakfast, trio were sitting in living room having hearty talks. When Manik cleared his throat.

"Ahm.. Nandini, if you don't mind can we both move to my study? It's important for me to have this discussion." Said Manik.

"Ofcourse. You both go. I will send coffee with butler after sometime." Said Nandini while Manik smiled at her.

Both moved towards study when Manik stopped in mid.

"What happened, beta?"

"Papa, you go inside and have a sit. I will be back in a few minutes." Said Manik while Ritesh nodded and went inside. Manik returned to hall and saw Nandini going towards kitchen. He called her.

"Nandini.."

She stopped in a way and turned. Manik walked to her.

"What happened, Manik? Aap gaye nahi? Kuch chahiye tha?" Manik pulled her towards himself and tucked her hairs behind her ears. Nandini got startled with his sudden move and kept her hands on his chest.