He Lives

The young woman laid passed out in a bed. There was a pressure on her head that she hadn't felt before. Her eyes felt like they couldn't open properly, her nose felt stuffed, and her mind seemed jumbled.

The (h/c) woman sat up in the bed she was in and let the blanket that had been tossed over her pooled at her waist. She sighed upon realization of yesterday's events. Her eyes started to burn with tears once again but she blinked them away quickly.

Sukuna wouldn't want her to sit here and cry, he would call her a fool and tell her to go hunt for more fingers.

Except she couldn't. Her Master would never let her do something like that. She would be stuck like this until someone else, who is willing to eat a whole finger (let alone 20), comes along. She was most upset that she couldn't find her little imaginary land of a perfect life in her head.

The place in her mind that she used to disappear to everyday. A place where Sukuna was always with her. A place where she wasn't blind, a place where she wasn't powerless. A place where she could be free. It was gone.

Everything was gone.

Her vision.
Her husband.
Her safety.
Her happiness.
Her free will.
Her powers.
Nothing was hers anymore, she had nothing. 

And she was sick of it.

She sat in the bed, not knowing what else to do. She didn't know where she was, she didn't know where Gojo was. It was all she could do. Sit and wait for some familiarity.

She sat and waited. She didn't know how long she sat there and she guessed she would never find out. But this was the most comfortable she had been in a long time, the most peaceful. The door creaked open slowly and quietly.

"(Y/n)-chan." I was Gojo's voice she heard. "I need you to come with me."

She slowly pushed the blankets off of her waist and let her legs fall over the bedside. Her bare feet touched the floor. She almost shivered from the sudden cold, but pushed the feeling back. She was no longer in her usual robes she noticed. The pants she wore were loose and warm, fitted at her hips and ankles. And the shirt was warm and boxy. She had never worn this style of clothing before.

___

I followed Gojo silently. He led me through the cold hallways of what I assumed was his home. It held a similar atmosphere, I felt somewhat safe here.

"Stairs." He said as he started to guide me down a staircase. We finally made it to the bottom of the stairs and stepped into the room he had brought me to.

"Hi (Y/n)!"

My head snapped up and my shoulders dropped, all tenseness in them leaving. I put my hands out towards where the voice was. The voice of Itadori Yuji. If the child was still alive, then that means that Sukuna was also still stuck inside of him. They had to have made a pact!

"Umm... Gojo-Sensei? What is she doing?"
"She wants to feel your face kid."
"Uh... okay, I guess."

Hands took mine and led me to warm skin. I felt their cheek, then their nose shape, I traced their eyebrows and finally I felt their jaw line.

This was wrong.

This wasn't what Sukuna felt like. They had too slim of a face shape, their eyebrows felt too thin, their nose felt too long, and they didn't have their hair styled like Sukuna. Their hair was falling onto their forehead. Sukuna hated that. He hated how it felt brushing against his skin and he didn't like that it could obscure his curse markings. This was not my husband. No, this was his vessel.

A vessel that seemed so similar but so different.

I pulled back from the person that held my husband's soul. It felt too weird touching his face and knowing that it wasn't him that was there. I held my hands close to my chest and stared straight ahead.