Moonpies and Mornings

Possible TW; Panic Attack

-

For whatever reason, Alex had thought it would be funny to catch the rest of the group on stream when they woke up. So, he got up extra early to boot up the PC he had prepared and started his stream. He greeted his chat, and finally got to poke fun when George walked out of the office and over the kitchen half awake.

"There he is!" He shouted, making him jump

"Alex, what the fuck are you doing?" He snapped back.

"I'm streaming!" he said, laughing.

"Jesus," He said under his breath and he went back to making his breakfast. Alex went back to his stream and continued to mess with people as they woke up, till they all were standing around the computer talking with chat. Finally, Karl woke up and made his way down the stairs. The group didn't notice him till they heard the fridge open, and they all cheered to greet him. He walked over to the camera, monster in hand, and said hi to the chat. Nick gave him a side hug which he sleepily returned, making the chat go wild. They loved when they joke-flirted.

"Am I seriously the last one?" He asked and they all nodded, complaining about how long they had to wait. They laughed it off and kept streaming for a while, but Karl went back up to his room. He was still slightly shaken from his nightmare and waking up on Nick the day before, and the panic had transferred to the next day.

As the group laughed downstairs he sat by his bed with his knees under his chin. He could feel the panic start to swell in his chest, and he tried to hold it down, trying to breathe and ground, but it failed. His breath starting to pick up, making his shoulders heave slightly his every gasp, and tears began to form in the backs of his eyes. He felt like his head filled with TV static as his hands started to lose touch and his feet began to feel like they were floating, unable to make contact with anything. The room spun, and Karl heaved harder, and his limbs felt weaker as he sat panicking.

His mind replayed the dream in his head over and over, remembering every detail. The way he felt when he kissed Nick, The way Nick's hands sat on his back, and then how it felt when he turned to sand. He felt that the boy was falling away, was slipping out of his reach. He tried to hold onto every grain of sand, trying to put him back together, but the thought of losing him just made him sob more.

He tucked his face in his knees and brought his hands over his head petting his own hair trying to calm down. Hyperventilation had taken over, however, and he started to lose his vision and his arms felt weak. He started to stand, hoping to move somewhere comfortable. As he stood wobbly, still heaving uncontrollably, he heard someone call his name and a hand grip his arm tight, catching him from falling as the world fell into darkness.

-

Quackity had been streaming for a while when Karl had said he was going to go get ready for the morning. They let him and kept playing games, but Nick started to worry after about 15 minutes. He thought that Karl would have come down by now, so he told the group he would be right back when he went to check on the smaller boy.

Gently he walked up the stairs to where his room door was shut and he knocked quietly. He heard no response so he knocked a little louder, not wanting to intrude. He still received no response, but he thought he heard crying through the door and he got more worried, so he knocked even louder and called his name. He again was left with nothing, so feeling like he had no other choice, he slowly opened the door.

"Karl?" he asked as he watched the boy start to rise, clearly shaking violently and his face red. Nick noticed he started to tip over and he quickly got a tight hold on his arm, catching him as he passed out in his arms. Not totally understanding what happened, he hurriedly set him in his bed for a moment before running back down the stairs. The boys were still streaming, but Nick didn't care. He shouted for Alex over on the stairs, and he shouted back.