XXVI. RINGS & CHILDREN

EPISODE 8: AFTER THE RAINCHAPTER 26

CHAPTER 26. RINGS AND CHILDREN

 RINGS AND CHILDREN

"SO, ARE YOU AND the Duke still not on the same page about children?" I ask Daphne as I stand next to her.

"No." She tells me, sighing.

"I am sorry, Sister." I tell her. "But I know, you will work it out."

"I hope you are right, Diana." She replies, as I give her a small smile.

"I know, I am., Daph." I tell her.

"Anyway, enough about the Duke and I." She tells me. "What about you and the Prince? When shall we expect to hear the good news?"

"Oh, no." I tell her, laughing. "The Prince and I agree, that we are far too young for children."

"You do not want children?" Daphne asks, surprised.

"Being a Mother, and taking care of a house, that's you Daph." I tell her. "I want to live in the moment, and not feel such big responsibility on my shoulders."

"So, you are never going to have children of your own?" She asks.

"I will." I tell her. "Just not yet."

"Well, then, I wish you enjoy your freedom." She replies, giving me a smile, which I return.

"COME ON." LOUIS SAYS, as he comes to stand by me side. "Let's sneak out of here."

"It is my Sister's ball." I tell him, in disbelief.

"And?" He asks.

"And, it is terribly boring." I complete, letting out a heavy breath. "Who would have thought, that these ball could be so boring when you are not looking for a husband."

"We could get out." He tells me. "Nobody will know."

"You are the Prince of the United Nation." I tell him. "I have a feeling people will know."

"Let me try again." He replies. "Do we care, if people know?"

He offers me his hand. I look at it, and then up at him, as he raises his eyebrow. I smile, and take his hand.

"No, we do not." I say, as I let him drag me out of the Hastings house.

LOUIS PULLS ME TO a stop, as we were walking around the grounds behind the Hastings house, away from the prying eyes of the ton.

"I have something for you." He tells me, as I turn to him. He goes through his pocket, and pulls out two rings. He gives them to me, and I pick them up to see, one of them had a letter 'D' on it, and the other had the letter 'L' on it. "My Mother had one made for me." He tells me his hand, where where tow rings, with the same letters as the one's in my hands. "I got the other three, made.

"That is the sweetest thing." I tell him, as huge grin on my face, as I give him a kiss.

"Well, put them on." He encourages me, as we pull away.

I laugh, as I pull both the rings on the ring finger on my right hand.

I pull him into a kiss, as we both smile.

I feel a drop of water, fall onto my cheek, and we break apart, looking up as the rain starts. I laugh, as the rain falls down, and Louis looks at me with a grin.

"Oh, this is the perfect day." I say, and he pulls me up by my waist, and spins me around, as we both laugh.

If there is to ever be a grander finish to a season than the one provided by the Duke and Duchess of Hastings this year, this author will need to feast upon her own words. For it was this couple's memorable affair that brought another scandalous London season to a close. As many now leave the city behind for greener pastures, some endings seem more permanent than others. Of course, there are other endings that will offer new beginnings... however uncertain those new beginnings might be.

And yet... there is no ending in sight for this author, who recently became aware of a scheme to unmask her... by one worthy opponent, indeed. Perhaps I will come forward one day. Though, you must know, dear reader, the decision shall be left entirely up to me. Yours truly, Lady Whistledown.

A/N

GUYS, QUEEN AMELIA IS THE SISTER OF KING GEORGE, MAKING HER THE SISTER-IN-LAW OF QUEEN CHARLOTTE

I HAD SOME FACTS WRONG, BUT SOMEONE, THANKFULLY, COMMENTED TO TELL ME THE RIGHT FACTS, SO NOW THIS IS THE ALTERNATIVE STORYLINE

SOMEONE COMMENTED THIS, AND I THOUGHT THIS WAS A NICE ALTERNATIVE

ALSO, CHECK OUT THE AESTHETICS CHAPTER, IT'S THE SECOND CHAPTER!