Chapter One Hundred and Sixteen

"What would you do with the invisibility cloak?"
"You mean the one we could steal from HP at any time?" I asked, leaning back in my chair slightly.
George frowned, pointing his fork menacingly at me, "Shut up and answer the question"
I raised my eyebrow at him, taking a bite of my porkchop as Lee clapped his hands together excitedly.
"Ooo, well first I would pick something up and make the head boy think that the common room was haunted - they're always poncy gits anyway so it'll be even more fun. Then when I've scared the shit out of him, I'd sneak into McGonagall's office-"
"There's no way that'd work" I scoffed.
"But I'll be invisible!"
"She can probably see through it" Fred added, tipping his drink towards me in agreement, "I swear she knows everything"
Lee huffed at this, looking to George for support. The boy just grimaced and shrugged, leaving Lee groaning and rolling his eyes.
"Fine. No McGonagall's office. I'll go into the Forbidden Forest and have a look at all the creatures, yknow without them trying to eat me"
"Still interesting" George laughed, nudging him in the side, "I'll come with you, we'll go look at them together"
"Awww, a cute lil date" I cooed, leaning my head on Fred's shoulder, "with the constant threat of death. Catch me I'm swooning"
"I mean, what's hotter than making out under a glorified blanket with a murderous spider five feet away?" Fred replied, equally sarcastically.
"Oh Merlin, not Aragog" Ron blanched.
"Oh you'd definitely love it, Ronikins" George snorted, "Cant think of anything you'd love more"
A strangled noise escaped Ron's throat, face paling.

"Aw don't worry Ronny" I laughed, "I've heard you're good friends"

"I've ironed your best clothes for tomorrow morning, Harry, and I want you to wash your hair tonight too. A good first impression can work wonders."
We all stopped our conversation, laughter halted, turning to face Harry and Mrs Weasley. Harry nodded and tried to keep eating his chips, but he was struggling to chew.
"How am I getting there?" he asked Mrs. Weasley, trying to sound unconcerned.
"Arthur's taking you to work with him," said Mrs. Weasley gently. Mr. Weasley smiled encouragingly at Harry across the table.
"You can wait in my office until it's time for the hearing," he said. Harry looked over at Sirius, but before he could ask the question, Mrs. Weasley had answered it.
"Professor Dumbledore doesn't think it's a good idea for Sirius to go with you, and I must say I —"
"— think he's quite right," said Sirius through clenched teeth. Mrs. Weasley pursed her lips.
"When did Dumbledore tell you that?" Harry said, staring at Sirius.
"He came last night, when you were in bed," said Mr. Weasley.
Sirius stabbed moodily at a potato with his fork as Harry dropped his own eyes to his plate, the mood instantly turning icier.
"Bless him" I murmured, Fred looking at me from the corner of his eye, "he doesn't deserve this bullshit"
"Sirius or Harry?"
"Both"

I woke up early the next morning, stretching out the crick in my neck with a yawn.
Lee caught my attention from waving across the room, pointing at the twins and then placing his finger over his lips.
"Lazy arses" I mouthed, smiling when Lee huffed in response.
He then gestured to his arm that was under George's head, before pulling a pained face.
I snorted, gesturing downstairs with a shrug, receiving a shake of his head.
"Suit yourself" I whispered, "but I'm starving"
"I literally couldn't move if I wanted to"
I laughed, turning to place a kiss to Fred's forehead before slowly easing myself out of his arms.
A sudden sharp intake of breath had me pausing halfway off of the bed, sending Lee a panicked look, until he relaxed again, flopping on his side.
"Jesus, Fred" I wheezed, finally moving away from the bed and quietly exiting the room.

At the foot of the stairs, I caught sight of Harry about to leave through the front door, quietly calling out for him to wait.
"You'll be fine, HP" I smiled, pulling him into a hug.
"Everyone seems to think so" he huffed, the tired look in his eyes seeming bone-deep.
"We better be off" Mr Weasley said, "Tell the boys that we'll be back by noon. Harry will be acquitted by then"
"Sure thing - and hey, keep your head up kid"
Harry just saluted, before following Mr Weasley out of the door.

"He will be - acquitted that is"
I turned around to see Sirius in the doorway to the kitchen, arms crossed.
"Yeah he will" I smiled, "and he'll be strong enough to get through it thanks to you"
He scoffed at that.
"He will. I mean, he was strong before you of course, but you gave him family"
"Now you're selling everyone else short" he huffed, "I think he had a pretty good family going before I got here"
"That's all Mrs Weasley. But trust me, you've been helping him"
Sirius just sighed, ruffling my hair before directing me towards the kitchen, "go get something to eat, kid"