chapter thirty one

j u n g k o o k

I hate her so goddamn much. I can't even spend a second with my own girlfriend. She keeps taking her away from me. I should've just say no to Y/n, that she can't bring her best friend.

I feel like a third wheel. I shouldn't be feeling this way. Today was my birthday and hers and our anniversary. I wanted to spoil her but there she is, talking to this annoying girl. Worst of all, Y/n didn't even buy a single thing. I wish I knew this would happen.

I look down to see her free hand dangling beside her hip. I take her hand, intertwining my fingers with hers. She finally looks up to me with a small smile before she continuing talking to her. What was her name anyway? We didn't even introduce ourselves.

I abruptly stopped, making everyone around stop their movements. Both of them are staring at me, one not so happy and one just simply curious. Oh I really want to squish those damn cheeks but I can't. I  shouldn't ruin my image.

"What is it?"

"I think that..." Fuck, I didn't even think for a excuse to get rid of her friend.

"That?"

"That we should part our ways. Y/n and I have some things to do."

Her friend starts nodding, shutting her mouth finally. That's better, I feel so much relaxed. It's not like I hate her. Maybe I do. Well, I don't like her.

"She won't be alone, she'll be with him and we'll meet outside, around an hour. I think we all agree on that, don't we?" I said as she nods uncertainly.

Tugging Y/n to my side, we walked to the left as her friend walks to the right. We shouldn't bump into each other, if we did, we'll just ignore each other.

I threw my arm around Y/n's shoulder, bringing her close to me. Kissing the crown of her head, we continued walking like there was nobody around us. I didn't mind if someone looked at us, it will just confirm the others that I was taken. But I still have to keep an eye.

I let her go, feeling a buzz in my back pants. She continued walking, leaving two meters between us. She knew I needed my privacy. I answered the call, receiving all the informations for today's special occasion.

Chocolate cake like always. I was quite happy that I didn't have any meetings but still some papers to do.

Sliding my phone back in my pocket, I see Y/n with her hands intertwined behind her back. Her head glancing to each side, admiring the mall.

I quickly jogged my way to her, wrapping my arms her small body. She lets a squeal of surprise, looking at me. Her eyes round as ever, her cheeks red and lips opened, too shock to even speak, I suppose. I smelled her sweet scent that I bought for her. I love it when she use it.

I heard people whispering about us when they walked past us. I didn't care, what would they say? I imagine them saying how beautiful my girlfriend, how cute she looks, the way she's blushing because of me.

"Get off of me, Jungkook! People are looking at us," She whispered yelled at me. She wasn't mad, just shy about what I'm doing.

I simply smiled, holding her hand, respecting what she wanted. She wasn't right, they were all looking at me, not us. I could hear these whispers from these low class people.

I couldn't just stop them for calling me bastard, asshole or SOB, even if I wanted to. I didn't came here to jump on people and punch their faces to warn them that they shouldn't mess with me or if they didn't want to. It was too childish anyway.

"You don't like Chungha, right?" She asked, grasping my hand, looking straight.

"Who the hell is that?"

She sighed, glancing at me. "My best friend, the girl you asked to separate ways with."

Oh, that was her name.

"I'm sorry, but I came here to spend time with you. Since today it's our birthday and first day of being together. Then, suddenly you ask me to bring her with us. I couldn't just say no to you."

"But still, asking her to leave us with your bodyguard and she doesn't even know him, isn't that too much?"

"No it's not, maybe they'll get along together and be friends or even a couple- Let's just forget this and enjoy the day," I said, diverting my eyes from her.

If I didn't stop there, I know it's going to end up in a argument. So it's better to just let go.

We didn't talk and just continued walking, our hands glued to each other. The atmosphere wasn't awkward but annoyingly disturbing. I didn't want to end this way.

I turned us around, putting my hands on her shoulder. Rubbing them slowly, I open my mouth to say something before she screams, cupping her hands on her ears.

Instinctively, I protect her with my body, bringing her in the hallway. My mind went blank, I couldn't think straight. People are screaming, running and sadly leaving their shopping bags. The poor money that was spent on that, just so sad.

Another bang echoed in the mall. I peeked over the wall, looking at my men in position, aiming at whoever is shooting.

I look back down to see Y/n, hugging her knees and glued to me. Caressing her hair gently, I grabbed my phone immediately dialling the person who was with the Casandra girl, that was her name right?

"Bring the girl home and I'll take care of the rest."

"What about your ride, boss?"

"You'll come back to me when I'll call you and Y/n will be with me."

"Boss, that's—"

"Just bring the girl at our house."

I shoved my phone in my pocket, grabbing my gun. Staring at it longly, I've decided to give it to Y/n. She needs it to protect herself.

She holds it between her fingers, gazing up at me with fearful eyes. I should probably train her when we go back home. I'll buy her a customized one as a gift.

"Go hide, I'll come back for you."

She eyes the gun and at me for a few seconds. She shakes her head, showing her hands with my gun. I see how vulnerable she looks. Her body shaking, the way she flinched when she head people screaming and some gun shorting every now and then.

I was once vulnerable like her but now anymore.

"Oh, Jeon!"

I narrowed my eyes to the ground, not sure if I heard it right. This whole shit isn't a coincidence, this is planned.

Who the hell was that?