Roller coaster or Waterslide

FINALE PT

FINALE PT.1
Roller coaster or Waterslide

CHOI JISOO

Life... such a strange thing.

As cliché as it sounds, it is a roller coaster. One moment you're on top, anticipating the adrenaline rush. And the next moment you're stooping down, screaming on top of your lungs.

Was my life a roller coaster ride too?

Or was it just a spiralling waterslide in which I'd drown at the end of it?

As funny and strange as it sounded, I didn't know how to swim. Countless times I had been to an amusement park with Hobi, as children. Then with Tae as an adult. But neither of those times had I been to the pool and even if I did, it wasn't without a water donut.

Yes, I was embarrassed to be the only adult with it, but embarrassment was a far better choice than drowning... at that time.

I leaned against the iron railings of the bridge and stared at the setting sun. The stars were starting to twinkle and reflect on the calm river.

After meeting Yoongi, I didn't want to go home for a while. I wanted to be alone. To think about everything that had took place in my life so far.

To be the only one with the knowledge I have and having no one who would understand it was seriously harmful to one's mental health.

You could neither share it nor keep it to yourself.

At the end of the day, no one likes to be called crazy.

In the other world, Jungkook knew what it was like. I guess, he felt that way too, until we found each other. Taehyung didn't believe at first, but he eventually did. The two most important people in the other world understood my situation better than anyone ever could over here.

And in this world, there was no one to believe me. Even my family would brand me as mental if I said anything even close to my experience.

I pulled out my phone and dialed up the only person I wanted to speak to at the moment.

"Hello?"

"Oppa... hi!" I pursed my lips.

"Jisoo! Why aren't you home yet? I was so worried that-"

"I'm fine, Hobi!" I chuckled a little.

"How did the meeting with Min Yoongi go?"

I could imagine his lips curving downwards in thought.

"It went well. Surprisingly." I smiled.

"That's good to hear! I'll be waiting for you at home!"

"I love you, Hobi. You're the best brother I could've ever asked for and I want you to know that I'm grateful to you for selecting me as your sister."

Hobi chuckled wholeheartedly, "I love you too, sis! But what's up with this sudden confession?"

"Just wanted you to know. Okay, I'll hang up. Bye."

I hastily disconnected the call and slipped my phone into my coat, before anymore questions could be asked.

I looked over at the sky and smiled as the last bit of the sun disappeared into the horizon.

The sun had set, obeying the law of nature.

Tae passed away, defying that law. He chose his death. At least now I knew that he died, content. Without any remorse in his heart for me. Even in his death bed, he wished for my happiness. He still loved me as he let out his last breath.

No one would ever love me the same way.

I knew it.

I was alone, even though I was surrounded with people. I guess my mind was ungrateful that way.

Before I knew it, my legs had already climbed up the railing, arms spread wide as I felt the wind gush past me.

The sounds of the vehicles faded out.

I closed my eyes.

Took in a deep breath.

Inhale...

Exhale...

Inhale...

One foot forward.

I let my weight follow it.

To a third person, a fall might seem like it lasted a millisecond. But to the person falling, they see their whole life playing in front of their eyes. The dark sky became the screen that showed the most beautiful moment in my life - the face of my love. I didn't know if it was Taehyung or Tae... but whoever it was, I was glad it was him before my back hit the surface of the water.

I felt darkness envelope me deeper and deeper into its embrace.

The sky faded away.

The stars too.

I didn't know if it was the water getting thicker, or if my eyes were starting to shut.

Exhale...

I guess, my life was a spiralling waterslide after all...

A very, veryyyy short chapter before the finale!

What do you prefer? Waterslides or roller coasters?

How was the chapter thoooooo? I'm guessing very sad? And unsatisfactory? Idk, lemme know your thoughts on this chapter!! I'd love to hear what you have to say about it.

Byeeeeeeeee💜