The Fix...ish

-3rd person POV-

"So you think there's something going on between them?"  Montange asked.

"Y/N acted pretty strangely this morning"  Maverik put in.  "If there WAS something going on, I would believe it."

"There's definitely something"  Ash spoke in a hushed tone.  "That much is obvious"   At the end of the day, when the operators were done with their training for the day, Ash called a small meeting in the lounge for everyone at her mess hall table, excluding Caveira and Y/N, whom the meeting was about.  Doc was also MIA, but Ash visited him earlier, and he seemed very busy.  She seriously dispised talking about her friends behind their backs but it was clear there was something going on between them, and she was determined to help in any way.  After all, she had made it her personal mission to find a significant other for Caveira, and if that current relationship was falling apart, she would do everything she could to keep it alive and running.

"You think they might be over?"  Frost asked.  Montange shook his head.

"Those two are real.  There's a serious connection between them.  It's something else"  he informed.  Valkyrie nodded in agreement.

"Cav came up to me the other day and asked me to not make fun of them as a couple.  When she asked me to, essentially, go against what our friendship is, I knew something was up."  she spoke, resting her head on her chin and sighing.  Ash patted her back in comfort as she looked over to Capitao.

"Cap?  You with us?"  she called.  Capitao blinked his eye, and looked back at Ash.

"Yes.  I really don't know what is up with them, but I hope it's over soon"  he spoke softly.

"You and me both"  Buck agreed.

"Agreed"  Montange spoke.

"We all want them to figure it out, but we got to be ready to accept the fact that we might not be able to help"  Ash informed, sighing.  Everyone nodded, clearly understanding, but visibly distraught. 

"Bullshit"  Valkyrie spoke up.

"Excuse me?"  Ash spoke, raising an eyebrow at Valkyrie from next to her.

"I said bullshit.  I don't care what you say, Ash, but Caveira is by best friend here, and so is Y/N.  Right now, something is going on, and I'm not just gonna sit here in the dark and watch them wear away.  I refuse.  I'm helping them out, whether you like it or not.  I'll do it alone, even."

"You won't be alone".  Valkyrie turned around and saw Capitao standing close to her, giving her a subtle nod.  "Cav and Y/N are family to me, more so than to anyone else, no offense."

"None taken"  Valkyrie assured.

"Whatever it is, I'm not sitting out on the chance to help them.  I'm with you, Valkyrie.  Hundred percent."  he finished, giving here a soft smile.

"Im in"  Jackal spoke up from his seat next to Buck.  "I miss when Cav tries to kill me on a daily basis.  Plus, she's a good sparring partner"

"Totally"  Frost agreed.

"I don't know, Valkyrie"  Ash spoke, voicing her concern.  "What if, whatever is going on, is out of our jurisdiction?"

"We don't know if it is or isn't.  Until we know for sure, I'm helping them out."  Valkyrie spoke flatly.

"Jackal and I are with you"  Capitao spoke, nodding.

"I'm in, too"  Maverick voiced his opinion.  "I share a room with Y/N, so maybe I can get him to talk about whatever is going on."  Ash sighed, slumping back into the couch.