Chapter 55

ROMAN

It was finally time.

I stepped out of the mansion when Mr. Carillo told me Antonio had arrived with three black vans and was now driving through the gate.

I saw the vans. They stopped near the mansion before their doors opened. Out stepped Antonio with my brother and Rita's mother. Then, armed men got out after them.

"So many men, do I scare you that much, Antonio?" I chuckled, gesturing at his men.

"I am just careful man, Esposito — not dumb enough to walk into an unsafe territory without any support," he told me as he approached me. "Especially my enemy's."

"That means you don't want to come over for a tea?" I asked with sly smile.

"I'd rather boil a traitor like you in a big teapot than drink tea with you," he told me, looking at me murderously.

"I am the traitor after you hurt the woman — who only wanted to protect me — by using me?" I scrunched my nose — looking at him with disdain.

"That woman is my enemy — choosing her over me makes you a traitor."

"Because you've never seen me as your brother, but a piece of shit you could use to get your dirty work done." I shook my head — feeling like an idiot for risking my life plenty times for him.

"I never differed you from Donny, you destroyed our brotherhood by breaking my trust."

"I love her," I admitted him, "you should understand me the most after Helena — yet you don't because you are a damn narcissist."

"I am not going to discuss with you anymore, you made your decision by choosing her, give me my wife and get this deal over with."

"Where is Mia?" I asked, raising a brow. "In her home, I won't hurt her, you have my word," he told me firmly.

"And I can trust your word?" I asked with a huff. "I only want your bitch dead, as she is the main pain in my ass," he claimed with a wicked smile.

"Don't worry, you won't have time to kill her with me in the picture — all your nasty hands will be full with naughty me." I winked at him provokingly.

"You sure you can handle me?" he asked with a wicked smile. "Not that I scare you off in the end."

"You might have — since you are a callous leader — if I wasn't a heartless killer," I said callously.

"Time will show us if you are a worthy opponent, now give me my wife to take your family!" He nodded towards Rita's mother and Valerio — who were on their knees — a man was standing right behind them, two hands arms, and aimed at their heads.

"Mr. Carillo, please tell Mrs. Alessi to come down," I told him — my eyes were still on Antonio. "Of course," Carillo muttered — walking inside.

"I didn't harm her, I am not you," I told him with a bitter smile. "You can hold the candle to me anyway — not without getting burned," he smiled wickedly.

"I don't want to, because I want to be loved, not feared by the people I love."

And I was glad I found the woman who would teach me love. I always had my own mind — doing my own shit. But after finding Rita, I found out taking and listening to good advice wasn't bad.

Especially, when it came from a person who cared for you — knowing they meant it good for you.

"She turned you into a softie, huh?" he chuckled amused. "And you think you are different?" I huffed. "I have seen you around your wife, in tight yoga pants with your ass—"