Loving Eyes

Varian and I were walking for quite some time. "Maybe next time you surprise me we should get horses." I said giggling. He rolled his eyes with a soft smile on his lips. "Haha very funny. You know I could just take us in a different direction. Then we'd never get there." He said with a smirk. It was my turn to roll my eyes as I shoved his shoulder lightly. "I'm only kidding sapphires! Plus with horses you don't get to fully enjoy the forest. I'd rather walk everywhere than own a horse." I said smiling up at all the trees surrounding us. There was a comfortable silence around us. We continued walking until my eyes widened. "Oh Varian! Did you ever work out the raccoon trap?" He rubbed the back of his neck a bit. "Well yes and no. Do I have the raccoon trap part. Yes I do. But I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get rid of it once it's everywhere." I laughed softly. "I'm not surprised honestly. You really need to think about that stuff before you put the other part together. What's it made out of?" He told me everything that's inside of it. "Hmm...have you tried rock salt? Or something with equal acidity. Maybe lemons would be better?" His eyes widened and he grabbed my shoulders shaking me. "I never even thought of that! The second we're done with this surprise you and I are going to the lab." I laughed. "Maybe I should just live in your lab if I'm that much help to you." I said rolling my eyes. He laughed and let go of my shoulders. One of his hands trailing down to grab mine. I could feel heat rising to my cheeks.

Soon, we exited the forest and in front of us was a huge city with a castle. It was breathtaking honestly. "So why did you bring me here sapphires?" I asked. He shrugged and rubbed the back of his neck releasing my hand in the process. "Well you told me that you've never been to the kingdom festivals before and I thought that this would be the best choice. This festival is for the lost princess. It's one of the more mellow festivals in Corona." I nodded and stared at all of the decorations even outside the city. "She's alive you know." I said to him. He rolled his eyes. "You keep saying that, but she's been missing for 18 years now. No one knows where she could be." It was now my turn to roll my eyes. I interlocked our fingers and started walking to the festival. "Cmon let's go look around!"

The entire place was decorated. "You said this is one of the more calm ones?" He sighed and nodded. "Yeah the kingdom goes all out for any kind of celebration." Varian started guiding me through the town with ease. "Sapphires have you been here before?" "Yeah my dad and the king are close." He said looking back at me with a smile before heading into what looked like a sweet shop. I stared around at all of the bright colors and various candies. "Varian is that you?" I looked over and saw an older man wearing a red hat and a blue apron. "Hey Uncle Monty!" He said while still dragging me forward. "And who's this you brought with you?" The man who is now Uncle Monty asked Varian. Before I could introduce myself Varian beat me too it. "This is (y/n)!" "Well it's a pleasure to meet you miss (y/n)." Uncle Monty said with a kind smile. "It's great to meet you too!" I said smiling back. "Since you brought a new customer Varian take these on the house." Uncle Monty handed us both lollipops which we both took. "Thanks uncle Monty! I'll see you the next time I visit Corona!" With that, Varian pulled me out of the store as I waved goodbye to Uncle Monty. I silently sucked on my lollipop, biting it occasionally, staring at the whole kingdom I was in. I've never been anywhere so nice. Even the people were super kind and happy. I felt eyes on me and I turned to face Varian. He was staring at me with a soft smile on his lips. I blushed lightly and stared back for a few seconds before I heard music playing. I looked to where the music was coming from and saw a women with long golden hair braided dancing. I ate the rest of my lollipop before dragging Varian over to where she was dancing. I smiled wide. I could practically feel my eyes glowing as I stared at the woman. 'The lost princess has returned.'

I watched her pull a few people in the center to dance along with her. Soon she saw me and took a hold of my hand. She pulled me in and danced with me for a little bit. We all ended up switching partners and I could see Varian still outside the circle staring at me with a bright smile. "Cmon Sapphires!!" I yelled to him. He shook his head no, but someone had other plans. What I presume to he a guard horse pushed him into the circle. I laughed and watched him get taken away by someone. After a bit of dancing I somehow ended up back with the lost princess. We spun around laughing and giggling. "Welcome home princess." I said softly smiling up at her. She turned down to look at me and asked what I said, but before I could repeat myself we traded partners. I ended up with Varian. I was pushed up against his chest and I could feel my cheeks turn a dark red. "I swear if you used magic to get me in here I'll never forgive you." He said but I could tell he was joking by his tone. "Oh trust me sapphires if I used magic you would've known!" We danced for a bit longer and I didn't look up at him once. I knew my face was probably bright red. 'I had no idea he was such a good dancer. Maybe I should invite him to dance in the meadow with me.' I thought to myself and soon Varian got us out of the dance circle. I finally looked up at him as he was pulling me out of the kingdom. "Where are we going?" I asked looking back at the kingdom. "They're going to start the lanterns soon! And my perfect spot takes a bit to get to." He smiled back at me and continued to lead me to his perfect spot.

Not too long after we arrived at the top of a cliff overlooking the kingdom. "Varian this spot is beautiful!" I said getting close to the edge of the cliff. I felt a hand wrap around mine and pull me back. I collided with a chest and looked up at Varian. "Milady you've got to be careful. The cliff is weaker at the edge you could fall." He said looking down at me with a serious expression I just giggled and pulled him to sit on with edge with our legs dangling over it. "It's completely safe Sapphires!" He still looked a little nervous but he seemed to get used to it. "Earlier you talked about the lanterns. What are those for?" I asked turning to him. "Well when the princess went missing the king and queen both decided that every year on her birthday they would light a stream of lanterns and set them free hoping to guide their lost princess home." I nodded and looked back at the view. "Hey Varian. You know that woman with the really long golden hair in the braid at the festival?" He turned to me and thought before nodding. "I danced with her a little bit. Why?" I giggled. "Looks like we both danced with a princess today." I said smirking up at him. He was confused at first before his eyes widened. 'He looks so cute.' This time I didn't try to stop my thoughts.

Over the past few months I've realized that I really like Varian. More than a best friends way too. I don't think I'll say anything any time soon about it though. He's the only one I have and I don't want him to leave me because I got weird with this whole crush business. I'll just keep this to myself until I get a sign from the universe.

"W-wait what do you mean 'w-we both d-danced with a princ-cess today?!" I laughed. "I told you she was alive and well. You should really believe me sometimes sapphires." I said looking back up at the sky. "But how did you even know?!" I bit my lip softly. 'I guess I better tell him about the dreams too if I'm going to explain the spirit guide journey.'

"Well I've been having these dreams lately. Almost everything that has happened in them eventually or has happened. Like the day when I almost burst into your home to see if you were safe from that explosion. I had a dream that there was an explosion in your lab because you mixed the wrong chemicals together." I paused to see if he was following along. He was staring at me giving me his full attention. "There have been a few instances where I have a dream about something happening or a simple conversation and it happens. Like when you told me the surprise. I kind of already knew from the view what it was. I know it sounds crazy, but everything in my dreams has happened exactly how it actually does happen." I bit my lip hard. 'Please don't leave me Varian.' I thought to myself.

"And how did you know about the lost princess and how you know that that was her?" He asked. I looked back at him and bit my lip again. "A few weeks ago I went on a field trip with my spirit guide. He asked me if I knew about the lost princess. And he ended up kind of telling me that that was her. He also told me that she would return to the kingdom on her 18th birthday." Varian stared at me wide eyed. I just stared down and bit my lip softly fiddling with my fingers.

I felt his gloved hand on top of mine. "We both know I don't really believe in magic, but I do believe you." I looked up at him. His sapphire eyes were giving me a soft smile. I launched myself to hug him making us both fall back on the ground.

"Don't scare me like that Varian! I thought you were going to stop being my friend!" He laughed before sitting back up with me on top of him. "Oh please milady have more faith in me than that." He smirked up at me and I looked back at the sky. "Varian it's starting!!" I stood up and stared at all the lanterns filling the sky not knowing someone was staring at me with loving eyes.