Battle

Me and Eren charge towards the beast, trying to head for the nape. The titan swings its arm towards us and wipes out the top of the wall. Me and Eren quickly jump out of the way.

"This is going to be harder than we thought" I tell him

"Just get as close as you can to him!" he demands me.

"Since when did I take orders from cadets" I whisper underneath my breath.

"Did you say something (y/n)" he asks.

"No. Let's do this." I say to try get away.

We both grapple our wires onto him and fly around him, trying to get to the nape.

"This wasn't an accident. This was planned. Does this titan have intelligence? It came out of no where. If it walked towards us, we would've seen it from the wall. Something doesn't add up." I think to myself.

It's massive hand attempts to grab Eren but I just make it, slicing off each of its fingers. Eren latches on to it arm and swings around it from behind. I run along its arm to distract it from going after the boy. I grab my blades and sprint towards its shoulder.

"This is my chance to take it out!" I think to myself until it moves its arm which causes me to lose balance. I manage to latch myself again to its back and I see Eren go straight for the nape with nothing protecting it. We had done it or at least I hope so.

Suddenly, the titan releases a lot of hot steam. I put my blades in-front of my face hoping they would stop the heat getting to it. I realise Eren is still somewhere above me.

"Eren! Let go or we will burn alive!" I say before getting back to the wall. I look back and don't see Eren. Maybe he was still there?

I soon see him trying to slash the titan, except there was no titan to be seen so he instead slashed through the steam. I jump down the side of the wall to meet Eren half way down.

"I-it's gone?" I ask looking at Eren.

"Where though?" he replies.

"Did you guys beat it?!" we both look up to see Thomas above us.

"No! Just like five years ago! It appeared and then disappeared!" He yells back. There were only footprints left from where it stood.

We both get back up and meet Thomas and Connie on top of the wall.

"We let him get away." I say. "Sorry about that."

"What are you apologising for? We were too scared to help you guys so we should be saying sorry." Thomas tells me.

"Guys. Now is not the time for apologising to each other" Connie yells. "The wall has been broken. We have to seal it before any titans get in again!"

A man from the Garrison Regiment comes and tells us, "the colossal titan response operation is already underway! Return to HQ as quick as possible!" We all salute the man as he continues. "anyone who's come in contact with it, remember to give a report."

"Yes sir!" we all say.

"We pray for the Advance team's success!" Connie adds on and the man flies off.