The End of the World

Celeste sighed as she was hit with flashing images of The Doctor and Rose on Platform One, her best friend Samuel grinning cheekily when he saw her face

They were relaxing in Samuel's apartment in New Orleans, Celeste enjoyed it there and was rather reluctant to leave but once she got the flashes of The Doctor she was often pulled to his location unless she went willingly.

"Is it starting? Ooooh this is the day when it all starts" Samuel said giddily, his behaviour almost like an excited child.

"Yes Samuel, time to go to Platform One. You wanna come?" Celeste asked her American accent sinking into her voice, a small smile on her face at her best friend's happiness. He had been there for her ever since she arrived in his world five years ago, they'd do anything for each other and were a force to be reckoned with.

"Pffft of course I do!" He screamed slightly, holding out his hand for his friend to take, she took it immediately and the girl's eyes started glowing a strong golden colour.

Golden light envelops the pair and a smirk makes its way onto Celeste's face as she envelops the warmth of her strange gift.

A moment later the two arrive in the corner of a large spacious room filled with different sorts of aliens. None seemed to notice the sudden arrival of the two space travellers apart from the intelligent Jabe, who looked at the pair with narrowed eyes.

"Oh my god this so cool!" Samuel all but shouted which earned him a light smack from Celeste.

"Samuel.....we need to go unnoticed" She sighed rubbing her forehead slightly but there was a hint of a smile on her face. "Your half demon ass needs to calm down"

"Aw Cel, you know you love this ass though" Samuel winked at her cheekily and Celeste just rolled her eyes in return.

The girl's eyes widen as she sees the Face of Boe and she drags Samuel over to the giant head, ignoring the familiar voice of the Doctor across the room.

"Up in the club, we just broke up. I'm doing my own little thing" A familiar voice floats into Celeste's and Samuel's head making them snigger loudly at what they were hearing. The pair sat down cross legged in front of the large tank and looked up at the Face of Boe's large face.

"Hi Jack, I don't know if we have met yet" Celeste said quietly, her voice unusually soft.

"I have met you and Samuel many, many times but this is your first I assume? I know the answer to the question you want to ask me Celeste" Jack told her, his voice light and happy.

"Oh, okay that saves me asking I guess" Celeste shrugged lightly and looked at Samuel who looked as if he had won the lottery.

"I'm talking to a giant head who is actually Jack fucking Harkness!" Samuel whispered happily, making both Jack and Celeste laugh.

"In that plane crash"

These words make Celeste shiver and Samuel wraps an arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him. She winced slightly as the memories of her step-father came rushing to the front of her mind, pushing them aside she shakes her head lightly and focuses on Jack's words.

"That storm was a time storm straight from the time vortex, you got struck through the heart by the time vortex Celeste, the vortex is running directly through your veins. That's why you can do what you can do, you are a living breathing piece of the time vortex. I know you have a number of abilities that will continue to grow and become more powerful, but be careful Cellie, you must have restraint with your enemies. I can't say anything else unfortunately, this all your future self said I could tell you."

The pair were silent, shocked at what they were hearing. They assumed that she just had unique abilities, not that she was a living piece of the time vortex. And she needs to have restraint? What does she turn into in the future?

Across the room The Doctor was watching the pair of what he could only assume were humans, sitting in front of the Face of Boe. He felt a pull to the girl and wanted to go over to her when it was obvious she was shocked at what she had just been told. They were both wearing modern clothes so he assumed they were from earth, how did they get here?

He couldn't see a lot of her but she had soft dark curls that fell down her back in waves, he almost wanted to-

"Doctor"

The Doctor spins around to face Rose's older brother Alfie, all thoughts of the girl pushed from his mind.

"Alfie, where's Rose?" The Time Lord questions, frowning when he can't see the younger Tyler.

"Wandered off as usual" Alfie chuckles and then he notices the pair of humans, making him softly frown. "Who are they? They weren't announced were they?"

"My thoughts exactly Alfie, they seem to know the Face of Boe well though" The Doctor mused, watching the pair along with Alfie, who was also watching.

Samuel turned around feeling a pair of eyes on him, he smirks slightly when he see's The Doctor watching but frowns when he see's the male next to him. The hybrid nudges Celeste gently who smiles up at Boe before turning around, her eyes widening slightly when they fall on The Doctor.

"Ce-

Celeste nudges him tugging her ear subtly, Samuel's nods remembering about the Time Lord's advanced hearing.

"Thank you, I'll see you soon hopefully" Celeste whispers to Jack who gives her and Samuel a smile.

"We need to leave soon" Celeste says to Samuel as she takes his hand once she's stood up.

"I agree, who do you reckon the boy is?" Samuel asks as he gently leads Celeste as far away as they can get from the Time Lord and his companion, who watch their movements curiously.

"He wasn't in the original timeline" Is all Celeste says which makes the Doctor raise an eyebrow surprised.

"What are they saying?" Alfie asks curiously, already noticing some of the Time Lord's abilities.

"Apparently according to the girl, you aren't supposed to be here" The Doctor replies, surprising himself slightly at how truthful he was being with the boy. "I think it's time we went and found Rose."