Chapter 63 - You're going to be okay, do you hear me?

Draw a monster, and then ask yourself: Why is it a monster?

- Janice Lee

"So, if you're not going to talk about it, I will", I told Tracey on our way to supper. I had been sitting on this piece of information all day, since Draco told me during our afternoon cabinet-fixing-session in the Room of Requirement

"I don't know what you're talking about", she shrugged, but the smirk on her face suggested she did.

"Draco told me that you slept in the boys's dormitories last night. Care to elaborate on that, miss Davies?" I said. Draco looked quite distraught this morning, partly because he woke up to a Tracey in the bed next to his, all cuddled up with Blaise. He also had been quite on edge because Katie Bell had returned to school today. He feared that she'd remember him. I had done a lot of research on the curse he had used, though, and it was very unlikely that she would.

"Well, that's because it's Miss Zabini from now on, ladies", Tracey grinned. My jaw dropped slightly at the news.

"Did he finally get the balls to ask you out?" Daphne gasped, a smile on her face.

"No, he didn't, so I thought I might as well do it myself", Tracey shrugged.

"Wait, you asked him to be your boyfriend? Trace, you impress me every day." I prided myself for being quite confident, but I didn't even come close to Tracey's level. She just straight up asked him and apparently it had paid off.

We sat down at the Slytherin table and Tracey threw a cheeky wink at the boy in question. He seemed to be rather pleased with the new developments as well. I noticed the empty seat next to Blaise. Where was Draco?

"Blaise, where's Malfoy?" I frowned. Blaise shrugged, signaling that he had no clue. I felt uneasy for some reason.

DRACO'S POV

I had to find Ellie. I was panicking again and it was worse than before. I just saw Katie Bell in the hallway and she looked my way, I swear she looked my way.

If she remembered anything, I was absolutely screwed. I'd be expelled from Hogwarts and Dumbledore would get the Ministry involved. I'd end up in Azkaban in a cell next to my father. I would be just as big of a disappointment as him.

I waited anxiously outside of the Great Hall for a while, hoping that she hadn't walked in for supper yet. That way I could just take her aside for a while and she could calm me down, like she always did. She'd make sure that everything was okay again.

But she didn't show. I went with a hand through my hair, shaking slightly from the anxious feeling in my chest. I felt like someone was squeezing my lungs whilst punching me in the stomach at the same time. I was so screwed.

I couldn't talk to her freely in the Great Hall, because I knew that Snape was watching me, especially now that Katie Bell was back at school. Maybe just being close to her would be enough. It would damn well be better than standing here in the hallway, feeling like an idiot.

I took a deep, shaky breath and walked into the Great Hall. I noticed her quickly, laughing at something Tracey had said. Her laugh was so beautiful and I could feel my heartbeat slow down a little bit at the sight. I couldn't look at her for too long, though, so I averted my eyes. And I wish I hadn't.

Between the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor table stood Katie Bell and she was accompanied by none other than Potter. If he knew, then not only would my school career be over, everything would be. He always ruined everything.