C H A P T E R T W E N T Y- S E V E N

Song: Alone by Halsey ft. Big Sean & Stefflon Don  

 Big Sean & Stefflon Don  

"THANK YOU ALL for being here today," Xante began, looking around the table at the leaders of the various European Mafias and several cartel leaders around the world, who where present on video call. His mother sat at the other head of the table, face stoic as she rapped her manicure on the table. 

The day after Xante had arrived in Italy, he went to his mother, the Don of Italian Mafia for her connections to help look for Chidinma.

She refused. 

She had reminded Xante, with that her winning smirk, that she was retiring in 2 weeks, so the Mafia had no Don to give such an order. Unless he was willing to take over her position.

Xante knew what this meant and knew it was fast approaching. After all, he was already the CEO of A.Del. But, he also knew what it meant for his sanity. The Mafia was a dangerous temptation for someone possessed by a psychotic demon who loved blood and pain. Xante was not sure that he could remain sane at the end of it.

But, for Chidinma, Xante would do anything.

So, he agreed.

Now, he was sitting here as il prossimo Don in front of the members who were to be his allies.

Javier, representing the Spanish Mafia, and his girlfriend Carina, representing the US East Coast Cartels were on video call, their gaze supportive. Xante had forced him to return back to New York to be with his girl and their daughter, Jasmine the minute the private jet had landed in Milan, a week ago. After all just because Xante had lost his did not mean Javier had to as well.

Representing the Russian Mafia was Vladimir and representing the English Mafia was Minnie. Matteo had gone to be with Tini back in LA as she was expecting. Plus, Chioma wanted to be as far away from Matteo as possible. 

Xante raised his cold, austere light gray gaze to the leaders around the table, "I called for this meeting because if you all were not aware, my wife, Chidinma, who is expecting, has been kidnapped,"

Small gasps and whispers passed around the table as the seated individuals wondered who would dare to kidnap the wife of one of the most feared families. It was well known in the Mafia world that if Xante took over the seat from his mother, he would make any allies and friends untouchable. That was the power the eldest Deliano held.

A little over 12 years ago, the Mafia and the cartels had seen this in action. Their organizations had never ran smoother, as they sharply evaded aw enforcement. Xante worked as an effective Consigliere to his mother, and with Alessandro's ability to mind read and evade dreams, terror rained on anyone who dared to challenge them. The cartels did not even need torture, all they did was send them to Xante, L'Enforcer, and their problem went away.