The fight (Peter Parker)

Requested by MyMischiefIsManaged: Peter snaps at Y/N and yells at her, causing her to get scared, upset and not talk to him for a while.

*Please note that this imagine contains themes of abuse, so please be wary of that when reading, and if anyone ever needs to talk, I'm here. Thank you and enjoy :)*

I knocked on Peter's door and played with my fingers as I waited for a response. It opened, making my eyes widen slightly as Peter just slumped away from the door as soon as it opened.

"Hey, babe..." I spoke slowly as I walked into his apartment.

"Hmm." he just mumbled in response. My eyebrows furrowed, something clearly wrong with my boyfriend as I put my stuff down and looked at him. He was still in his Spiderman suit, though the torn material and his bloodied face told me that it'd been a long patrol for him.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Do I look okay, Y/N?" he scoffed, making my eyes widen slightly at his tone as he slumped down onto the sofa.

"Pete, I'm only trying to be a good girlfriend. What happened to leave you looking like this?" I pushed.

"I don't want to talk about it." he grumbled. I sighed and sat next to him as I reached for his hand.

"Come on, Pete-."

"I said, I don't want to fucking talk about it." he snapped, looking at me with anger in his eyes as he harshly pulled his hand out of mine. My eyes widened at his response. What the fuck had happened on his patrol?

"Why are you being like this, Peter? I'm only trying to be nice." I gulped.

"You're not fucking being nice, Y/N, you're pushing when I've told you to stop." he spat as he stood up and headed into the kitchen. I choked, tears starting to prick my eyes as I followed after him. This was all too familiar territory, and I didn't like it.

"I-I didn't mean to push, but you're clearly not very happy, I thought that talking about it would help-."

"NOTHING THAT YOU EVER DO HELPS, Y/N!" He yelled at the top of his lungs as he whipped around to look at me. I bit my lip, tears starting to roll down my face.

"I've had the day from fucking hell, I wanted to cancel our date but I felt bad, so I didn't say anything. But then you've come here, you've pushed and pushed and fucking pushed when it's clear that I don't want to talk about it! Enough already!" he continued to shout as he raised his arms in exacerbation. I flinched as he raised his arms, his eyes widening as he saw my reaction. I gulped and looked down as I felt Peter's eyes burning a hole into my head.

"Y/N... you didn't think that I was about to hit you, did you?" he mumbled. I bit my lip, my heart pounding out of fear too loudly for me to look back at my boyfriend.

"I'm sorry for being so annoying. I'll leave you alone." I choked as I rushed back into the living room and grabbed my stuff.

"Y/N, wait, I'm sorry!" I ignored Peter's shouts as I rushed out of his door.

Peter's P.O.V

"I've had the day from fucking hell, I wanted to cancel our date but I felt bad, so I didn't say anything. But then you've come here, you've pushed and pushed and fucking pushed when it's clear that I don't want to talk about it! Enough already!"Peter continued to shout as he raised his arms in exacerbation. He knew that he shouldn't have been yelling at Y/N, especially given that none of this was her fault. But he couldn't help himself, he was just so angry. Y/N flinched as he raised his arms, his eyes widening as he saw her reaction. Oh, my god, she thought that I was going to hit her, he thought as tears pricked his eyes. The beautiful girl gulped and looked down as Peter's mind tried to comprehend what had just happened.