Honesty

Lucius opened the front door to Malfoy Manor for Hermione. He told her he had a special surprise for her in the study. She had been feeling low ever since Severus was sent to Romania seven months prior. She missed him terribly and as much as she tried to put on a brave face for Lucius he could tell she wasn't the same. She was sad. Hermione didn't eat much, usually just picked at her food and her nights were restless. Lucius thought a little getaway may lift her spirits. They spent the weekend locked in a suite at the Savoy Hotel in London. They shut out all the cares of the world and lived on room service and one another the entire weekend. Lucius always treated Hermione like his princess. No expense was spared and even though she would have been happy anywhere with him, he relished in spoiling her. Hermione had no idea what this special surprise was but Lucius never disappointed her. He did make a peculiar request before returning home, that she wear her sexiest lingerie. She thought he just liked the idea of her only wearing her knickers under her cloak while they traveled. It would make him absolutely ravenous when they finally arrived home.

Lucius closed the front door to Malfoy Manor behind them. Hermione slipped her cloak off and sent it to the closet. She turned around in what quite possibly was the tiniest pair of black lace knickers and bra the blonde wizard had ever seen.

"If I didn't have other plans for you this evening I'd take you right here in this foyer." Lucius slipped his hands around her waist, leaned down, and kissed her passionately. She slid her hands over his broad shoulders and kissed him back. Lucius pulled back to look down and breath in his beautiful witch. She wore a tiny shelf bra that was mostly sheer with a lace detail on the bottom. Her nipples rode the top of the cups completely exposed. She knew Lucius would love it. He looked into her eyes with that devilish grin that she so adored.

"What is this surprise you've been keeping from me all weekend?" Hermione ran her hands down his chest.

"Would you like to see?"

"Yes please, the suspense is killing me." She smiled up at him.

"All right, I shan't make you wait any longer." Lucius purred. "Come now." He took Hermione's hand and led her to the dark room. "Wait right here love, don't open the door." Lucius came back with her cloak and wrapped it around her. She gave him a questioning look.

"Is the queen waiting in the study?"

He snickered "No, I just want to watch you take this off again so I can savor it."

"You're a strange one Lucius Malfoy."

"I resent that." He said with a slight smile. "It's not my fault that you're such a proficient seductress."

Hermione's cheeks turned rosy. "Please Lucius, I can't wait anymore." She whined.

"Alright pet." He wrapped his large hands around her upper arms and kissed the tip of her nose. Lucius opened the door to the pitch black room. He closed the door behind them and walked her further into the dark space. With a wave of his wand candles lit around the room. Hermione's eyes followed each new flame as it flickered to life until her eyes settled on the sofa. There was her surprise. Severus.
                                  ________

Once the war was over Severus began working for the Ministry. After several years they sent him to Romania to work on a potion that would counteract vampire venom. He had become an expert in venoms of all types after an exhaustive battle trying to recover from Naginis bite. The Ministry kept him in Romania for the past seven months.

The year prior to him leaving had been the most exhilarating of Hermione's life. She had always had feelings for her potions master when she was younger but was so committed to her studies she pushed all those notions down and hid them. Her practicality brushed them off as school girl fantasies. Years later she had finished her studies and worked as a potions mistress. She became close friends with Draco Malfoy after running into him at a restaurant one night. They struck up a friendship. Draco had almost become like the brother she never had. He teased her relentlessly but there were never any romantic notions between them, it was the type of friendship she dearly missed. Ron and Harry had both long been married and were taking care of families. Harry and Ginny were on their second child and Ron and Lavender were on their fourth. Hermione saw them from time to time for birthday parties and special occasions but it wasn't the same. Draco was still single and seemingly chasing every witch under 30. Hermione was not in search of settling down and having babies anytime soon though dating was something she did occasionally. Truthfully she had more fun listening to Draco go on about his latest conquests than actually partaking in dating herself. Draco could talk to her about his love life or work. They also had deeper conversations about the things they had endured during the war. Hermione never dreamed she'd be such close friends with Draco Malfoy but the last decade had changed him. It most likely had changed her as well.