⌞17⌝

Aurora rubbed the back of her neck, her hands clammy. She gulped as everyone ran, she knew she could have followed but she had a power and she needed to use it to her advantage. She was stood out in the open, everyone already hiding. She could hear shouts from her fellow Gladers telling her to hide but she didn't listen. Gally was keeping everyone around him calm, he knew she could hold them off at least for a little bit.

"come at me then you fuckers" Rory shouted as the grievers exited the maze and entered the glade. Her hands where already curled into a ball. One ran straight at her, she gripped onto her palms and at griever fell. Her feet where stuck to the ground as another came at her. Although she was already exhausted she still clenched her hands shut as another griever fell.

"open your palm slowly Aurora" The same voice from her dream thing spoke. The girl took a shakey breath and opened her palm, a slowly growing flame sat in her palm. She opened the other palm, there sat another growing flame "rub your palms together, create friction" She did as the voice said, her hands where suddenly engulfed in flames. She smiled wide, she was amazed with what she could do.

Rory laughed to herself before spinning around to a griever that was attacking her friends in the corn field. Instinct told her to hold up her palm at the mechanical creature so she did, a string of fire shot at the griever. Rory, to say the least, very excited with her new found power but that was soon over when she remembered what was going on. People where flying everywhere and suddenly Rory felt lightheaded from using her power.

She took a shakey breath before using her remaining energy to run over to the council house. She saw a griever cornering her friends so she ran forward, her hands clenched before she released them. Her hands again engulfed in fire as she ran forward and shot the creature with the flame before the world went black.

She woke up with a gasp, sitting up almost immediately but yet again regretting it as the world started spinning. The last thing she could remember was running at a griever with fire for hands and now it was day time and she was in a cell with Teresa and Thomas. She mumbled cursed under her breath for letting herself get to the point that she passed out. She ignored the obvious looks at her and their conversation while she cussed herself out.

"Fuck" She groaned and held her knees to her chest "what happened last night"

"we should be asking you the same question miss i killed about four grievers last night" Newt joked, he didn't seem mad so she was glad about that.

"oh yeah pretty cool right" Rory smiled and looked down at her hands 

"you wanna explain that to us" Chuck asked

"right okay. When i spent the night in the maze, when you two saw me cat by a griever, i fell pretty hard and got this memory i guess. I could put things in a death like sleep just by clenching my hands, the people who put us here had to do a lot of testing on me because of it. The side effects basically give me a nose bleed and exhaustion hence the passing out. Lat night that same voice told me that i could do something else. The fire..."

"...i tried my hand suddenly was surrounded by a flame and yeah. So what happened when i was out" She asked leaning against the wall.

"a lot of people died, we would probably be dead if you didn't save us. Everywhere is trashed and um" Newt started but stopped and looked at Minho for help.

"Alby's gone. Griever got him. He saved chuck by risking his own life" Minho told Rory. Tears filling her eyes but she nodded, she knew that he would be calling her a baby for crying, she knew that he cared more about others than himself "then Thomas stung himself so we had to use the last serum on him"