five

Heather was mumbling under her breath as her and Ron ran to their first class. Her first day of school and she was already late. "This is ridiculous." Heather tells him as they walked into class. She took an empty seat.

She heard Ron's comment about McGongall's face till she appeared. "Okay, I'll admit it. That was remarkable." Heather replies as she sat down.

"Wow. That was bloody, brilliant."

"Maybe if I transfigured you or Ms. Potter into a pocket watch than one of you would be on time."

"Sorry professor, but we got lost." Heather tells her.

"Maybe a map would have helped." She tells Heather. "I guess you two don't need a map to find your seat."
~~~
Heather sat in Snape's class. Everyone was talking besides her as she was reading her textbook. She looked up when the door slammed opened.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few," he looks at Malfoy. "who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death."

Heather wondered where he was going with this. He sees Heather paying attention. "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confidant enough to not...pay...attention."

Heather looked beside her to see Hermione looking at her book. "Hermione."

They looked at him. "Ms. Potter. Our...new...celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Heather went to speak, but was cut off. "You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Ms. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

"If you give me a chance of answering besides treating me as someone stupid." Heather tells him. "Professor, asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite."

Everyone was shocked. Hermione glared with jealousy that someone who had no clue about where she came from knew the answer. "For your information, I may not have been raised in the wizard world, but I like to study the day before class starts. Don't ever treat me like I don't know nothing."

"Very well." Snape said and looked at the class. "Why aren't you writing this down."

Heather was shocked by what she had done. She spoke up for the first time in her life.
~~~
It was now midday, Heather sat in her seat studying when she heard Ron. "Mail's here." He tells her.

Heather saw the paper Ron had and looked at it. "Can I see that?" She asked.

"Sure."

Heather started looking at it as Seamus spoke about Neville's remembrance ball. She turned a page and saw the bank. "Hey, Ron, somebody broke into Gringotts. Listen, Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713, had in fact been emptied earlier that same day. That's odd. That's the vault Hagrid and I went to." She tells him.
~~~
Outside, Heather stood beside the broom as she was excited about this flying lesson. She saw Madam Hooch walking down the line. "Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, Up!"

Heather stuck her right hand over the broom as everyone said up. "Up." She said and gasped as she flew up to her hand making her smile.

"Well done, Ms. Potter."

Heather waited till she heard Ron. "Up." She watched as the broom hit him in the face making her laugh. "Ow." He looked at his friend. "Shut up, Heather."

"But it's too funny." She said innocently.

"Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end." They did as told. "When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle...3...2..." she blew the whistle.

Heather gasped as she saw Neville. "Oh my god."

"Help!" She heard him cry out.

Everyone watched Madam Hooch try to help him down, but he managed to fall and break his wrist. Heather cringed as their instructor walked away with Neville. She watched Malfoy pick up the remembrance ball and glared.

"Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to fall on his fat ass." Malfoy said.

"Give it here, Malfoy." Heather tells him.

"No. I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find." Malfoy said as he hops on broom and soars around group, then through. "How 'bout up on the roof?" He soars off and hovers high in the sky. "What's the matter, Potter? Bit beyond your reach?"

Heather glared as she mounted her broom. "Heather, no." Hermione tells her. "You heard Madam Hooch. Besides, you don't know how to fly." Heather gave her a look and did just that. "What an idiot."

Heather flew in front of Malfoy. "Give it here, Malfoy, or I'll knock you off your broom." She threatens.

"Is that so?" Draco asked. Heather makes a dash for him, but Draco twirls around her broom in a 360. "Have it your way, then!" He throws the Remembrall into the air.

Heather zooms after the ball, speeding towards a tower. Just as she is about to hit a window, from which McGonagall is working/watching, she catches it, and then heads back to the group. The students all cheer and run to see her.

"Way to go, Heather."

Heather smiled as she was cheered by her housemates. "Heather Potter, follow me." She heard McGongall said.

Heather followed her to see Malfoy and his goons laughing making her glare at them. She wasn't worried about what she done because to her. She did it for someone she would consider a friend later.