001.

001. stupid bronze bulls

CADENCIA DIAZ is pretty sure nobody wants to be a half-blood. because being a half-blood is dangerous. it's scary. most of the time, it gets you killed in painful, nasty ways. she hadn't been killed (yet) but still, the consensus showed, nobody wanted to be a half-blood. especially her. when she had shown up to half-blood hill on said fateful day, she never expected... whatever she was currently in for to well... happen. she really was a lil' shy. she kept to herself (usually) and had two friends (which is very cliche of her). when she found out she was already 'special' and a demigod, she wanted nothing but to run back home to california and stay there, preferably having a few tostones by her side. she did not want to be a half-blood.

and it all just got so much better when she was given a prophecy. honestly, cadencia, or 'cadie' as her two friends called her, wanted nothing to do with it. sixteen years and sixteen days? jeeze, way to give her ten-year-old self some solid nightmares. thanks, fates.

there's also one thing you need to know about cadie (it's probably more than one. but again cadie really wasn't that smart. not like those athena kids) is that, she has a lovely talent of messing up things. maybe it's the fear, she doesn't know. but she probably got first place for being the biggest screw up. (she likes to polish that trophy daily, along with the one for being her first place award at being the worst demigod).

she was meant to keep her accidental (well, not accident. but the way she found out her prophecy was an accident) life-changing 'death song and sixteen years and sixteen days' prophecy to herself. but then again, she got first place for being the biggest screw-up. it was bound to happen. honestly, she should've seen it coming.

after that prophecy of hers, she was claimed. a daughter of euterpe. moved to the apollo cabin for ease and 'similar godly parent things'. she didn't mind them. granted, they had very strong opinions on romeo and juliet (and she couldn't blame them. romeo really needed to buy a better personality), and they would never stop singing (again, she didn't mind. she literally was the daughter of the muse of music. it was in her blood and prophecy to play music and sing). but apart from that, they were a really nice cabin. one of the largest with the most siblings, but they couldn't have been more welcoming.

things got worse when she started having flashbacks. you see, normally (or maybe the gods just loved making her look like an odd one out. maybe they placed bets how horribly shit her life would turn) if your former life chooses rebirth, said person doesn't remember their 'past lives'.

somebody call underworld maintenance, because cadie did.

she'd get flashbacks to their lives. all about how they died. all linked to her (or their?) prophecy. every daughter of euterpe before her, the same fate. sure, it wasn't like it was all children of euterpe. but for some reason, all of her past lives (well, from what chiron had told her) were daughters of euterpe. apparently, there had been hundreds before her. (some true avatar: the last airbender shit).

really, her life couldn't get worse. (hah, good one). actually,it really could. because here, the antisocial (to some extent) music-obsessed daughter of euterpe gets noticed by her 'fascination'. and honestly, it all goes downhill from here.

cadie diaz didn't like the new border patrol set-up. neither did her other friend, cameron anderson (but she calls him cam because that's way too much of a mouthful). she, however, could get out of doing it because she wasn't memorable. cam, however? yeah, try getting out of border patrol when the person running it is your big sister. as a son of ares, he was basically obligated to join. and as a 'pacifist' (which he really wasn't. well, sort of. he just had certain 'violent' moods) he basically didn't want to do it at all. his excuse to get out of it (usually) was that his prosthetic leg was acting up. which around one hundred percent of the time was a damn lie. his leg had literally been a gift from his dad, made by hephaestus himself.