12.

It had been a while since the DA had started up

It had been a while since the DA had started up. They had switched to a better system than their first meeting. Hermione had handed everyone a galleon at the second meeting, explaining that when they wanted to hold a meeting in the future, the galleon would glow on one of the little ticks engraved in it. And if you could make it, you would come. 

But many things had happened since the first meeting. Most notably, Umbridge's attempted ban on Quidditch. No matter what house you were from, everyone was ticked off by that. No way you could take away the school's most favorite brutal pastime. All her other rules before were annoying. But taking away Quidditch, now that was just plain evil.

But as stated, it was an attempted ban. Of course, the Slytherin house got approved first to re-join the sport. And of course, it took a lot of fighting to get Gryffindors back into it as well. But they did, and on this fabulously- somewhat freezing- Saturday, the two rival houses got to compete. 

"I'm so excited!" Daphne grinned as the two girls walked closer to the pitch. Their arms locked together as they navigated the crowd. "First match of the year is always the best."

"Whys that?" Lea giggled at her excitement. She had never gone to that many American football teams at her high school, it wasn't really her thing. Her friends just mainly pulled her along to look at the cute guys. But Quiddich did seem much more fun than football.

"Because it's always the worst injurious," Daphne grinned in excitement. Lea, however, was looking at her, wondering if she was all right in the head. "Not like that, Madam Pomfrey lets me help her sometimes in the hospital because she knows I want to be a healer. Thus, I get more practice the more people fall off of their brooms."

"I see your point, still worried a bit," Lea gave her a small laughed as the two walked over to the Slytherin side of the pitch. As they approached the stairs, they noticed Mya casually saying hello to any of the members in the Slytherin house. Making her peers very confused at why she was there, and what she might be planning.

"There you are," Mya pushed herself off of the stairs she was leaning against. "Thought you were never going to make it."

"Are you sitting with us?" Lea asked as she and Daphne unwrapped their intertwined arms.

"What? No," Mya scoffed, giving a sour face. "Never. I just haven't seen you in a bit and was wondering how you were."

"Thats probably due to the fact that you keep spending all your time with Fred," Lea smirked at her friend.

It was no secret that the two had something going on. The school was basically built on rumors, no way they were going to be able to keep it a secret forever. But if you asked the couple, they would tell you there were not a couple. And thats simply because neither of them believed in needing a title to show the world.

Or- the more logical reason- both of them were terrified of love and relationships, and putting a title on what they had would make it serious. But, they will never tell you that. Or each other for that matter.