A Guest for Dinner

The revelation that Lucius saw what Hermione had been telling herself was nothing more than her school girl fantasies shook her to the core. She was also surprised at how open Lucius seemed about bringing another person into their relationship. But it wasn't just another person. It was Severus. Severus who kept her best friend safe when the Dark Lord threatened everything. Severus who spared Draco's soul after the Dark Lord used the boy to kill Dumbledore. Severus took all these burdens on himself. The more she thought about the man that Severus Snape was the more her desire for him grew. He wasn't the cantankerous professor that everyone was frightened of. Well, he could be cantankerous but that wasn't his heart. Hermione knew what he was really like. They had spent many evenings together at the manor and she cherished those evenings. She learned what his passions were, his interests, and if she were being honest with herself she knew what he desired. Lucius wasn't wrong. She still struggled with the idea of how this would work. Would Severus even consider such a thing? Would she split her time between them? Would they be together at the same time? She admitted to herself that seemed exciting. The thought of being with both of them at the same time set butterflies off in her stomach, it set a flutter in other places too.

Hermione would talk to Lucius when he got home about this. She just needed to hear from him again that he was truly okay with this and wanted some clarification about how it would all work.

"Hello love." Lucius kissed Hermione on the top of her head while she sat reading in a large fireside chair. He looked down at her and took the book from her hand examining the cover, Magical Herbology. "Fascinating" he said with a snarky tone tossing the book into the other chair.

"I was reading that!" She smiled up at him. This was always her favorite part of the day. When Lucius came home.

"I have something much more interesting to entertain you." He pulled Hermione out of the chair and wrapped his arms around her.

"Oh you do?" She perked up.

"Yes, Severus will be joining us this evening."

"Oh." She looked down. Lucius curled his finger under her chin and pulled her face up to look at him.

"Is that alright love?" He furrowed his brows with a concerned look. "You love spending time with Severus. He loves spending time with you."

"That's not it, I've-well I've just been thinking about our conversation. I-I don't really understand how this would work. Have you said anything to him?"

"Good gods I should think not!" Lucius looked surprised. "I think we just let things happen organically. I'll figure out a way to let Severus know I'm alright with it."

"Alright with it?" She scoffed. "It was your idea." Hermione reminded him.

"Are you objecting?"

"No not at all, but I like things to be clear. I'm not just going to crawl into his lap one evening while you're sitting there. The poor man would have a heart attack."

"No, I don't suppose that would do. Although I think I'd very much enjoy watching that." Lucius raised an eyebrow and flashed his devilish smile.

"That's another thing. Would we all be together or would I be with you one night, then him one night?" There was a look of concern on Hermione face.

"Hermione, I don't intend to spend one night away from you. I don't want to throw any surprises at you but you do understand Severus and I are Slytherins. Slytherins who've know one another for a very long time. Longer than you've been around."

"I don't understand what you're trying to say Lucius."

He smoothed her curls away from her face and looked her straight in the eye. "Darling, you would not be the first witch Severus and I have shared. Granted you may be the first witch we both love. But understand we're a bit older than you, with more - shall we say - life experience."