Christmas

Harry

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Hermione asked nervously as we followed Percy in a empty classroom.

"Not at all!" Percy said happily.

When we got into the classroom Percy closed the door and shoved a chair under the handle.

"Ok... so," Percy said turning to us, "don't freak out."

My brother pulled out his pen and smirked slightly.

"That's a pen" Hermione pointed out.

"Well spotted." Percy said with a smile "but not for long." He flicked the cap off and riptide appeared.

"Bloody hell! What just happened!" Ron screamed.

Percy and I couldn't contain our laughter. "This is my sword," Percy said as if he was introducing them "riptide. You didn't think I'd really be able to sneak a sword in without it being hidden did you?"

"How's it even possible?" Hermione asked.

"No idea. All I know is I take the cap off it becomes the sword, but the cap back on it goes back to a pen. And it always reappears in my pocket." He explained.

"So what now?" I ask.

"The sword is made of celestial bronze so it can't hurt mortals. But I don't know about wizards. And I can't test it on myself or Harry since we're both demigods, so..." realization dawned on their faces.

"You're not using your sword on us!" Ron shouted.

"Keep it down will you!" I say.

"Don't worry," Percy said calmly, though the smile didn't help, "I'll use the flat of the blade. Even if it touches you it won't hurt you. Just hold out your arm. "

Very slowly Ron held his arm out.

Percy held riptide parallel to the floor and moved it slowly. It stopped as it hit Ron's arm.

"I should probably check both of you to make sure it's not a fluke." Percy said as he moved over to Hermione. She nodded and held her arm out, riptide once again making contact.

"Well that answers that question!" Percy cried out. "I'll keep the map on me. And if black does find me I can use riptide."

"I still don't like it" Hermione mumbled.

The next morning I woke up early. I've had a few weeks to come to terms with the fact that my parents were betrayed by their best friend and that he has now escaped and has likely come to kill me.

That doesn't mean I like it.

Whenever I start thinking about black I get mad, at him, Dumbledore, Voldemort, everyone. I want to go after him but I know that's stupid, he could beat me easily, but part of me doesn't care.

Today's the first day of break, Dean, Neville and Seamus were already gone and Ron and Percy weren't awake yet. I reached into my trunk and pulled out the leather photo album Hagrid had given me after my first year. I haven't looked at it in a while, but I need to see something.

I flip thought until I get to their wedding pictures. James and Lily Potter looked happier than anyone in the whole world. And next to them was Dad's best man. If I didn't know who it was I never could of guessed.

Sirius Black looked nothing like the wanted posters I've seen everywhere. He was clean, put together, and he looked happy.

He didn't look like the kind of person who would betray his best friend and murder 12 muggles.