Chapter thirty-seven: Enjoying the little things

4

"And one, two, tree, four."

Maisy counted the beat out loud as she practiced her stretches she learned at class and from Sawyer.

"Do we have to do this? I'm not a four year old girl." Miles tried to follow along with Maisy, but tripped over his own foot as he attempted it.

Amber continued with Maisy though, looking amazingly graceful compared to her boyfriend.

"Boys can do ballet too, Miles." Amber adjusted her feet as Maisy counted to the next step and moved her feet into second position.

"Only if they want to." He had somehow gotten roped into doing this with them, and he had no idea how.

"I'm sorry darling, is stretching slightly hurting your ego?" Amber said it in a mocking-housewife kind of voice as she smirked at him, still practicing with Maisy.

Miles didn't have a comeback so he just kind of scrunched his nose at her.

"Are you guys ready to go?" Beau came in with his phone slightly away from his mouth, but near his ear-meaning he's on a phone call.

"Almost Beauy, do you wanna do stretches with us?" Maisy sounded hopeful, she's gotten Beau to do some stretches with her once-but he did not like stretching. Beau isn't that flexible.

"Not right now honey, maybe later. Have you guys seen Eric?" Beau was in his suit, with a navy tie that Maisy picked out for him earlier.

They're going to a wedding today, to be more specific-Beau's old friend Tyler is getting married to a woman named Lauren.

They were all invited, so now Beau's trying to round everyone up. Maisy's already dressed, in her flowy purple dress.

Cassidy was finishing getting ready in her room with Sawyer, putting in earrings and grabbing the right shoes before they leave.

"We haven't seen him, did you check his room?" Miles stood up, completely giving up on Maisy's techniques.

Beau hung up the phone, and shook his head. "He wasn't in there, but we've gotta go so will you find him?"

Beau's the best man because Tyler and him used to be good friends in high school and early college, and apparently Tyler doesn't have the best relationship with his brothers.

Beau left the room before they could say anything else, and Maisy loudly sighed before standing up straight-giving up on practicing for right now.

"You're very dramatic Mi-mi." Maisy gave him a quick nickname as she walked out of the room with Teddy in her arms, he's wearing one of Beau's ties.

Amber smirked at Miles before following Maisy out. "Yeah, Mi-mi."

•. •. •.

At the reception, the family found their way mostly together again.

"This is my sister, Maisy. Mais, this is Tyler." Tyler smiled at Maisy and knelt down so he was at her level, holding out his hand for her to shake.

"Hey Maisy, it's nice to meet you." Tyler gave Maisy a warm smile, and she looked back at Beau getting a little shy.

"Go on."