six

Heather couldn't get over the fact that she was on the quidditch team.  She was a seeker. She didn't know what to think. She walked with Ron till nearly headless Nick walked by. "Have you heard? Heather Potter is the new Gryffindor Seeker." He said. "I knew she'd have it in her."

"Seeker? But first years never make their house teams! You must be the youngest Quidditch player in..."

"A century, according to McGongall." Heather said.

George got beside Heather as Fred got beside Ron. "Hey, well done, Heather, Wood just told us!" Fred says.

"Fred and George are on the team, too. Beaters." Ron tells her.

"Oh."

"Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad. Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch." George said making Heather feel uneasy about the sport.

"Brutal. But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally..." Fred says as they break off from Heather and Ron, who walk across a courtyard

"But they'll turn up in a month or two!!" George said.

"Thanks for telling me, George!" Heather says.

"Oh, go on, Heather, Quidditch is great. Best game there is! And you'll be great, too." Ron said.

Hermione jumps up from her work and comes to join them. "But I've never even played Quidditch. What if I make a fool of myself?" Heather asked.

"You won't make a fool of yourself. It's in your blood." Hermione said making Heather wonder how she got beside her.
~~~
The three approach a trophy case. Hermione points at a plaque of Quidditch players. One says Heather's father as a Seeker. "Whoa. Heather, you never told me your father was a Seeker, too."

"I-I didn't know." Heather said as she looked at the trophy. She smiled as she knew that she was like her father. She looked at Ron before they walked away.
~~~
They reached the stairs. Heather kept listening to Ron. "It's spooky." He tells her. "She knows more about you than you do."

"She doesn't know me know me." Heather said. "Just because there are books that make assumptions doesn't mean that it's who I am."

The stairs started to move causing Ron to scream out. "What's going on?" Ron asked.

"The stair case is moving." Hermione replies.

Heather just waited till the stairs stopped moving. Once it did she walked a little ahead off them. "I say we hurry up and go off these staircases before they move again."

They walked up the stairs and walked into a room. Heather looked at Hermione and Ron. "Please tell me that I am not the only one who think is we should be here." She said referring to the dark, spooky room.

"This is the third floor."Hermione tells them. "We're not supposed to be here."

Suddenly, a flame lights on a tall stone support. At that moment, the caretaker's cat, Mrs. Norris, comes running in and meows. The group jumps. "It's Filch's cat."

"Run!" Heather tells them as they ran off.

As they ran, flames lit up as they went by. Heather got to an lock door. "Locked."

"That's it, we're done for." Ron said making Heather roll her eyes.

"Oh, move." Hermione said as she pushed past them. "Alohomora."

Heather rolled her eyes as she walked in. She heard Hermione and Ron till she saw something in the room with them. "He probably thinks the door is locked."

"It was locked."

"And for a good reason." She said as Hermione and Ron walked over to her to see a big giant three headed dog. "Nice doggies."

The dog growled as it noticed them. "Ahhh!" The three screamed as the ran out of the room.
~~~
Heather was out of breath by the time they reached the common room. "What were they thinking putting that thing in there?"

"Didn't you see what that thing was sitting on?" Hermione asked.

"I wasn't looking at its feet. I was looking at its heads..."

"Enough!" Heather tells them. "I'm tired as it is, but that dog was sitting on a door. I don't know what's in there, but just know that dog was not placed there for no reason." Heather looked at them. "It's guarding."

"That's right. Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed...or worse, expelled!"

"She needs to sort out her priorities!" Ron tells Heather.

"Big time." Heather said as she walked to her room.