17

☾

It was an accident, a small drop of blood and everything was turned upside down.

Opening the gift Isabella sliced her finger upon the Tiffany blue paper. The thin edge dragged against her soft skin, a small open wound following in its wake leaving small drops of blood to rise to the surface.

That's all it took.

One drop of human blood.

Jaspers eyes darkened in colour, his once honey eyes now a unsettling noir as he lunged for Edwards human mate. Edward quickly shoved him back, Jaspers body colliding with the piano behind him. He also shoved Bella back, her frail body clashing with the wall and glass table, with the impact the table shattered underneath her, the shards of glass entering her skin painfully as now a large gash was forced upon her arm.

Emmet and Kol quickly grabbed Jasper before he could lunge again, Jasper snarling dangerously as he tried to get to his prey. Bella.

Katherine quickly sped to the girl and crouched infront of her, shielding the sight away from Jasper as she placed her cold hand over Bellas wound to stop the bleeding. She had never been more grateful for her self control then at this moment.

Alice sped Infront of her husband and took his face into her hand gently, trying to calm the blood thirsty vampire down.

"Jaz, jaz, shh, shh, it's okay. It's just a little...blood" her voice wavers as she turns slowly, looking at the sight behind her.

There was a lot more blood than just a little. Katherines hand was covered in the sweet substance as she held her hand on Bellas wound, shards of glass littered around them. All of the vampires heads in the room snapped towards Bella, watching as the blood dripped down her pale arm slowly. Katherine let out a small growl, taking their attention of the bleeding girl and snapping them back into reality.

"Get Jasper out of here" Carlisle Instructed Kol and Emmet. The male twin looked at his sister, making sure she was alright, after receiving a reassuring nod, he led Jasper out of the house.

Carlisle sped over to them, a proud look on his face as he took in the sight of Katherine helping the human girl.

"I'm sorry. I can't" Alice stuttered out, ashamed of herself being so tempted as she followed the boys outside. Katherines heart broke for her sister, the look on her face as though she blamed herself made Katherine want to bundle her up and tell her it wasn't her fault.

Rosalie's gaze never left Katherines figure, watching as she held pressure to Bellas open wound and tried to soothe the girl.

"I'll have to stitch this up in my office" the leader of the coven announced as he gently removed Katherines hand to take a look at the cut, glass was embedded deep within her flesh and he needed to get it out quickly so there wasn't a risk of infection.