Chapter 28 - Alen A Daye

---This chapter is on the shorter side. Hopefully I can make them longer in the future. This chapter required a lot of editing and reworking so I'm hoping there aren't too many mistakes. I appreciate any comments, votes and shares. They help a lot. Thanks!---

--- Picture of Alen---

Upon arriving at the school I noticed a crowd in the parking lot. I made my way over to see what was going on. There were two men arguing. They had a crowd, so I'm assuming they were going to fight. One of them were a small, blonde guy. He looked kind of scared, like he was trying to defend himself. The other was much larger. He sported dark brown hair and was prerry muscular. He had a look of disgust painted on his face.

"I'm telling you, I didn't sleep with your girlfriend!" The smaller guy exclaimed.

"I've asked you why I should believe you?!" He muscular guy retorted.

"I... I dunno man." He sighs in defeat. With that the bigger guy readied his fist, he was going for a punch. I quickly reacted and leaped in from of the incoming punch. The way it was angled and swung could have broken his nose, so I decided to take it to the cheek. I'd be better off anyway. The punch was powerful. I went tumbling to the ground, with my vision spinning. I heard some gasps from the crowd. Thankfully I placed my skateboard and all of the food down before rushing over, so things didn't get too messy.

"W-what the hell man?" The bigger guy shouted with a hint of worry crossing his voice. "That punch was meant for this loser not you!"

"Y-yeah why did you..." The other one began. The pain surfed across my face, so I held it in hopes of easing it a little.

"This is not the way handle such a situation." I begin, stating my opinion quietly. "You should talk it out, like civil human beings."

"This is none of your damn business." The large guy replied.

"All I'm saying is talk it out calmly before letting things get beyond ugly." I say, still quiet. "T-That punch you threw could have very well broken his nose."

"How would you know if it was going to break his nose?!" The guy asks in frustration and disbelief.

"It's happened to me be before. At that angle, with that much force there's a high probability his nose would have been broken." I answer, lifting myself from the ground. Yeah, the time the ball hit me in my face wasn't actually the first time I had my nose broken. "How would you feel if you broke his nose and he turned out to be innocent?"

"Y-yeah man, I swear I did do anything with your girl." The guy assured in fear once more. The bigger guy just scowled and walked away. I released a breath, everything turned out okay. I gave the guy a half smile before heading over to get my bag. The crowd broke up with some left disappointed due to the lack of fighting, while others were relieved.

I notice a gash in my cheek. I touched to feel how big it was and winced from the pain. I'd have to go to the nurses office.

"T-Thanks bro... You saved me." The guy says approaching me.

"I-Its nothing." I respond shyly. "You were telling the truth after all right?"

"...Yeah, are you like a wizard or something?" He asks jokingly. I giggled at his question.

"Name's Alen, nice to meet you." He reaches out, waiting to shake my hand, and so I did.

"Harvey." I smile.

'...Puke Boy?' He questions. My smile quickly fades into a frown.

"Holy crap, you are Puke Boy!" He confirms, noticing my frown. I didn't respond, I simply looked at my feet.

"Sorry... I'll call you Harvey." He says, chuckling with pity apparent in his tone.

"I just didn't expect you to be so... heroic." He says after a brief pause. I give him a half smile and head towards the school building.

"W-well I gotta find my friends. Bye." I say throwing a quick wave.

"Alright, see ya later man." He says, placing his hands in his pockets.

I went straight to the nurses office get a bandage for my face. I hesitantly slid open the door and entered the room. I spotted the nurse sitting at her desk.

"Why do you always end up in here?" The nurse asks baffled.

"Did Liam hit you again?" She put the emphasis on Liam. I just roll my eyes. She was a total trip.

"Do you have any bandages to cover this?" I ask, looking around the room.

"Hold on. You should probably disinfect it first." She says digging through her drawer. She pulled out some disinfectant and a cotton ball. She slowly dabbed it on my cut, which made me jump a little from the pain. She went back over to her drawer and pulled out a square bandage and lightly placed it at my cheek. She actually did her job without scaring me off. I thanked her for the help and she gave me a smile.

I headed off to cafeteria cause I was beginning to learn Cortney's patterns. She would most likely be there. I spotted her and her friends laughing at their table. I made my way up to them and greeted them.

"What happened to your face?!" Cortney asks fearfully.

"Oh, its nothing. I just tried stopping a fight." I explain, shrugging.

"Our little Harvey is becoming a hero." Cortney teased. That reminded me of what Alen said earlier. I just chuckled. I looked at the table and they were already eating.

"We went ahead and got breakfast, sorry Harv." Emily apologized, noticing my eyes bouncing from tray to tray.

"Yeah, Cortney wouldn't stop complaining about how hungry she was." Becka rolled her eyes.

"C'mon guys, big girl's gotta eat!" Cortney replies in her most masculine voice, shrugging. This made giggle.

"Gosh, I'm so jealous. You can eat like a monster without gaining a single pound!" Lillian expresses her jealously. Cortney just flicks her hair in a taunting manner, with a smile on her face.

"You're almost as much of a foodie and her too. What a shame." Remira laughs. Ah, that would explain why Cortney called Lillian to my table and not her other friends that one time.

"I made a special breakfast, or lunch rather, since you guys have already ate." I tease.

"Can you at least tell us what it is?" Lillian pressed.

"Nope!" I say growing a huge smile on my face.

The bell rang a moment later, signaling us to our first class.