Intruder

"I don't need a chaperone, Romanoff," you tell the redhead as you walk out of your room.

"Sure," she responds. She doesn't look up from her phone as she keeps following you anyway.

No matter where you seemed to go, someone from the team was always tagging along. You found it annoying, but it was part of your 'punishment', so you couldn't complain. Ironic how you used to follow them around everywhere, yet now you can't get rid of them.

"Are you going to be on your phone the whole time?" You ask. Natasha merely hummed in response, telling you she wasn't listening.

"What if I go rob a bank right now?"

"Mhm."

"What if we get matching tattoos?"

"Mhm."

"Tony is secretly in love with Steve," you spout randomly.

Again, she barely gives you a response. "Mhm."

"Steve is not so secretly in love with Tony."

"Mhm."

"I'm pregnant."

"Mhm."

Tired of being ignored you grabbed her phone out of her hand. Natasha glared at you. "Not funny (Y/N). Give it back."

"Pay attention to me," you whined.

"Congratulations, you have my attention. Now give it back before I punch you in the gut."

"I'm only giving it back because I want to, not because I'm scared you'll do it."

"If you're so bored go find something we can do. Babysitter duty isn't my choice either," she tells you, putting away her phone.

"Want to go make fun of Clint as Thor beats him up in the gym?" you suggest.

"...okay."

When you walked into the gym, the first thing you saw was Clint get pushed back against the ropes of the sparring ring. He was panting, while Thor barely broke a sweat.

"You're doing great, Barton," you say sarcastically.

"Screw you," he responds.

Thor laughed as he helped Clint steady himself. "You did great, Clint."

"I think he's starting to slow down," Natasha teased. Clint flicked her off.

Thor turned to you. "How about we spar (Y/N)?"

You immediately shook your head at the god. "As much as I love a good fight, I'm not taking my chances with you. I've seen the damage you can do first hand."

"Sacred?" Clint asked.

"I watched this guy take down an army with his bare hands. I'll settle with fighting mortals."

"Nonsense," Thor told you. "You are no mere mortal (Y/N). A fight against you would be an honor."

"Flattery will get you nowhere."

"Well, if you won't do it." Natasha jumped into the ring, replacing Clint.

"No powers?" Thor asked her.

"Let's make it fair."

You and Clint watched the two spar, and it was quite a show. Natasha was able to hold her own against the god far better than you would have thought. Her style was different than Thor's, which might have thrown him off a few times.

"Ten bucks she pins him," Clint told you.

"No way, Thor's got this," you told him.

As much as you wanted to see how this played out, Friday told you Tony needed you in the lab. Clint offered to go with you, but you told him to watch the fight for you. You didn't need an escort to the lab.

You left the gym and were walking down to your destination when you ran into an agent. There were always agents roaming the halls, so you didn't think twice about him. You were going to simply walk past, but he grabbed your arm, stopping you in your tracks.

Alarm bells rang in your head as you scowled at him. "What are you doing?"

You snatched your arm away, but he barely reacted. "The doctor sends his regards."

He lunged at you with a needle forcing you to back away. As you tried to avoid his strikes, you can hear Friday alert the compound of an intruder.

"Abbott was never one to do his own dirty work," you tell him, knocking the needle out his hand and pinning him to the wall.

The fake agent grinned. "He was right, you talk too much."

You felt a sting in your abdomen as he stabbed another needle into you. You quickly pushed him away. "What did you do?"

"If it were up to me, I would have put you down like the animal you are, but the doctor wanted you to suffer first."

You lean on a wall for support as your legs buckle under you. An intense pain spreads through your stomach and your vision starts to go fuzzy.

The intruder crouched next to you and grinned. "Hail Hydra."

You hear multiple footsteps approach before completely blacking out.