𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

Revna's POV:

It was silent as everyone stared at the woman. I took a sip of my drink and finished it off, the bartender breaking out of his shocked state as he went to reach the firearm stored beneath the bar.

"Don't." I shook my head, startling the man, "Put the gun back and make us two whiskeys."

The bartender gave me a bewildered look, his Adams apple bobbing up and down as he gulped. He made no move to do what was asked, so I raised an eyebrow at him. That seemed to kick things in gear and he scrambled to make the drinks. I turned towards Yelena, "I hope you like whiskey."

The woman came over and slid the bar stool out, the chair legs scraping against the wooden floor before she sat down, "Getting me drunk will not work."

I laughed, shaking my head at her as the bartender set down our two whiskeys with shaky hands. Some of my drink spilled out and I gave him a look to which he just gave me a sheepish smile. Both of us grabbed our glasses and downed the alcohol.

"Can't I just have a drink with a friend? Catch up? I've missed you, Yelena."

"I am not your friend."

I sighed, "Don't you remember sharing a room in Redroom?"

"I remember only being alone. I remember the pain each day had brought me." The blonde turned towards me.

"Yelena, I'm sorry-"

"That is not who I am!" She snarled, the bar going quiet once more you could hear a pin drop, "Yelena Belova was a broken girl who was always chosen last! She was nothing special. I am the white widow now. I am strong and powerful! I am unbreakable!"

"We all have our breaking points, Yelena. We're still human. No matter who we are. Let me help you, show you that you're not some trained killer."

The blonde downed her second whiskey of the evening, slamming the glass back down on the bar counter, "You're fooling yourself, Raven. We're still both trained killers."

Yelena lurched forwards and tackled my body to the floor, picking me up by the collar of my shirt and slamming my head back against the wooden floor. I grunted in pain, not wanting to hurt my friend. When she went to slam my head back down again, I flipped her off and her body went tumbling forwards. I scrambled to my feet and jumped back when she went to try and gut me with the knife she had.

"Yelena-"

"That's not my name!" The woman snarled, leaping into the air as she tried to kick me. I kept jumping back, blocking all of her kicks and punches. My back hit the wall sooner than expected and she brought the long knife down upon me, my hands instantly grabbing her wrists to hold her back.

My arms were shaking as the tip of the blade got closer, and in a split second I moved my head as the knife embedded itself in the wall, the blade slicing my cheek. I pushed Yelena away from me, grabbing the knife out of the wall and gripped it tightly in my hand. My knuckles were white.

Yelena chuckled, "Come on Raven, fight me. The soldier put up a better fight than you."

My jaw clenched together in anger, gathering myself some as I tossed the knife to the side, "I'm not gonna fight you. You're my friend."

"Funny, it doesn't feel like it. If I remember, you left me."

"No, no! That's not how it was! I looked for you, I tried to find you. Yelena, they wanted us to fight to the death. I didn't want to kill you-"

"Maybe you should have." Yelena husked in her thick Russian accent before she grabbed the collar of my shirt once more and slammed my face down against the bar. Her fingers were wrapped tightly around my throat and I knew I had to make a move. My fingers inched towards the empty whiskey glass near me, grabbing it and slamming it over the side of her head as glass went everywhere.

The blonde grinned, "Now we have a fight."

I rolled out of the way when she went to go and slam her fists down upon my face, swiping her legs out from underneath her and pinned her wrists down with my hands as I straddled her, "Yelena, listen to me. This isn't you! They're using you, Redroom, taskmaster, probably Hydra. They're all power crazed people, and power crazed people are deadlier than any bullet or gun and we're built on a society of them. You're not their weapon."

Yelena roared in anger and headbutted me hard, I felt my nose crack as the bone snapped. I hissed, warm rivers of crimson flowing down my face as I stumbled back. Yelena tackled me out of the bar and onto the cold hard street, a few cars swerving to miss us.

I coughed, spitting out the blood that was in my mouth before wiping my mouth off with the back of my hand, "I know I'm your mission."

Yelena smirked, "Not just you, Raven. You're not that special. When we're done with you, I'm finishing off the soldier and then I'll come for the Widow next. I wonder if she'll scream for help and you won't be there to offer it."

I clenched my jaw, "Then where is he? Taskmaster, where is he? Huh?! I'm tired of fighting his disciples."

There was a deep laugh from behind me and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up, my bones aching as if remembering all the pain that I had gone through. All the torture came flooding back when I took one look at his mask ridden face.

"We both know how this will end, little bird." Taskmaster chuckled behind his mask.

"Then let's end it." I panted, clenching my jaw tighter.