18

☾

"We're leaving"

Edwards words rang out in the living room. Faces of disbelief followed in their path.

"Sorry what?" Katherine and Rose raised an eyebrow at him. Was he serious right now.

"I said we are leaving" Edward spoke firmly, his face void of emotions and his tone dry.

"And why the bloody hell we doing that?!" Kol stood up abruptly, annoyance lacing his words.

"It's not safe for Bella with us here. We have to leave" Edwards monotone voice echoed in their ears, Katherine was fuming.

"So that's it? Your just going to leave the girl after everything you've put this family through to be with her? After we risked our existence for you to be happy? After we accepted her and took her in like our own? You're just going to leave the poor girl because of a tiny accident. Wow Edward that's one way to make Jaz feel like shit" Katherine fumed, Edward shuddered a little at her tone, he hated when Katherine was angry with him but this had to be done. She was even more pissed when she saw Jaspers head drop down in shame, once again he felt as though everything was his fault because of Edwards sudden announcement.

"She's right. I don't even like the girl and think this is fucked up. You can't just leave her like that, mate or not that girl is in love with you and your just going to break her heart because one of us slipped up, it was an accident. Did she die? No, did she run scared? No, does she blame anyone? No so why the fuck are you doing this" Kol seethed as he balled his fists tightly.

"My decision is final. We are leaving tonight and I'll tell her tomorrow" Edward ignored them as he turned to the rest of the family.

"No. You aren't the leader of this coven Edward and what your doing certainly is making me loose all respect for you. Get your head out of your "we are all damned" arse and wake up to the real world. Bella knew what she was getting into when she got with you, she knew the dangers and stayed so don't you go saying now that we are 'too dangerous' when your the one who didn't stay away to begin with." Katherine left the room quickly, too pissed to even look at his face anymore.

He was going to abandon Bella.

Katherine has seen many things over the years and she's seen what mates leaving eachother can do, it breaks you and no one is there to fully understand the pain it will put Bella through. In the time knowing her Katherine had grown quite close to the human girl, she started to accept her as her sister.

Edward doing this made her want to set him on fire to knock some sense into him. They are mates, it's so obvious and the pain of losing your mate let alone your mate rejecting you leaves a literal hole in your heart. It's like someone is stabbing you In the chest and you can't do anything but to just bleed out, the only bandage to stop the bleeding being your lover.

Katherine was stood by the window of hers and Rosalie's bedroom when the blonde girl walked in. She sighed as she saw Katherine stood there angry, she hated seeing her mate this way especially over a human girl but she knew once Katherine took someone in and saw them as family, she was protective of them.

"Even I can admit what he's doing is wrong" Rosalies voice was gentle as she closed the door of their bedroom and walked towards her wife, taking her into her arms.

"He just frustrates me so much. He knew the risks but only now an accident has happened it's a problem" Rosalie nodded at her wife's words and kissed her forehead gently.

"Carlisle had agreed though, Emmet, Kol and even Alice argued but what Edward says goes...so we better get packing" Rosalie caressed her hair gently and she nodded with an aggravated huff. If Carlisle has agreed then there's nothing she can do.

"Where are we going?" Katherine asks her wife, still in her arms as they both starred out of the window together.

"The denalis" Rose answered, hoping the thought of the denali coven and seeing her best friend, kate would cheer her up. Which it did, Katherine let a smile grace her face but her heart still hurt for Bella, she hoped Edward didn't do anything stupid to hurt her tomorrow.

☀︎︎